• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
Ah the internet. Where dickheads with no actual knowledge can pretend they do and not get punched in the face.

Last edited:
I read the article, didn't watch the video, and haven't read the previous comments posted in this thread, but to me I think he missed the point of the exercise, the squat is not just to train the legs, it trains your whole body. You don't start with a 300lb barbell when you first start squatting, you start with an empty bar. You progressively add weight as you build resistance to it and get stronger. Pretty much everyone can leg press more than they can squat, point in case the squat isn't just to train your legs, it trains your whole body. Anyone with half a brain already knows this.

/2c

maybe its just me but there are a lot of people on this forum who seem to have a foolish mindset.

I think we should all take the article for what it is worth.

He makes an argument squatting is dangerous for the worse.

Clearly, most of us on here will deem that squatting is dangerous for the better.

Squatting can produce injury with repetitive technique performed improperly.

Anyone who thinks squatting is NOT dangerous has clearly no idea. most things in training comes down to common sense, clearly the weight is in a very sensitive position ie on your back.

The article should reinforce the notion for the smarter of ausbb followers that you must find balance and a holistic notion of strength training in whatever you do. If you squat 200kg for reps.. balance that out with a lot of mobility and postural training to ensure you do not become imbalanced.., pilates, cardio and physio and chiro to ensure you do not become a ticking time bomb.

maybe its just me but there are a lot of people on this forum who seem to have a foolish mindset.

I think we should all take the article for what it is worth.

He makes an argument squatting is dangerous for the worse.

Clearly, most of us on here will deem that squatting is dangerous for the better.

Squatting can produce injury with repetitive technique performed improperly.

Anyone who thinks squatting is NOT dangerous has clearly no idea. most things in training comes down to common sense, clearly the weight is in a very sensitive position ie on your back.

The article should reinforce the notion for the smarter of ausbb followers that you must find balance and a holistic notion of strength training in whatever you do. If you squat 200kg for reps.. balance that out with a lot of mobility and postural training to ensure you do not become imbalanced.., pilates, cardio and physio and chiro to ensure you do not become a ticking time bomb.

No.

Did you even read the dribble he wrote? His article had no worth, it was all spurious claims and nonsense. Giving it any credit is ridiculous.

Also I had these two comments from beneath the article mentioned to me which further damage his credibility.

Jag U. Ar June 1, 2012 at 9:41 pm #
First rule of blogging: always attack up. If I’m insignificant and want to draw more traffic, find someone noteworthy and bite his ankles off!

c2c509db7ad26303829533be6e438a70

Anthony Dream Johnson June 2, 2012 at 12:12 pm #
Yes that’s it. Discuss a controversial topic, attract hate mail, build a quality blog following.
Exactly how it works.

He's spinning shit for blog traffic and everybody's playing into his hands unfortunately.

Last edited:
maybe that's why you both have crap squats
pilates 4 lyfe
5 eva
enjoy snap city

Ah the internet. Where dickheads with no actual knowledge can pretend they do and not get punched in the face.

Where'd you go Dave? I know where you went after you left here but where for art thou now?