• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

fat parents with fat kids...

She is an idiot and full of shit.

Also he eats chicken breast but no meat. What the fuck is chicken breast.

My kids only drink water. they get juice once or twice a week. my daughter eats like something possesed. She will definately be bigger than my son. but I control what the kids eat.

Its funny, my mum is a fatty and there is a massive difference in eating patterns in nearly everything we eat, she often says that I sound like I have an eating disorder when I complain about something covered in grease.

Oh well, whatchagonadooo

Im yet to have kids, but im curious for those here who do. If kids are brought up on decent food and crap food doesnt get bought at the shop nor stored in the pantry, wont kids be unaware of crap food and therefore wont ask for it?

Im yet to have kids, but im curious for those here who do. If kids are brought up on decent food and crap food doesnt get bought at the shop nor stored in the pantry, wont kids be unaware of crap food and therefore wont ask for it?

Don't have have kids either but little cousins of mine where brought up strictly no TV and no soft drink or crap food.

Should see them away from there mum. They watch TV like zombies and are like crack addicts with soft drink and crap food.

I know a kid who at 13 failed to be able to identify most common vegetables
I also know a kid whose first sentence was 'me kfc yes'

What a complete fucking retard... Pisses me off so much when I see shit like this. Are they seriously that fucking dumb. If you see your kid is a fat piece of shit, do something and change it. Parents responsibility, kids don't know better.

Poor kids, gonna have a short and uneventful life.

What a complete fucking retard... Pisses me off so much when I see shit like this. Are they seriously that fucking dumb. If you see your kid is a fat piece of shit, do something and change it. Parents responsibility, kids don't know better.

Poor kids, gonna have a short and uneventful life.

LOL reading that post reminded me of someone I know. They complain that their pets are fat. As if they know how to open their own cans of dog/cat food.

I have a 12 Year old boy. He has never been over weight. With food I never gave him choices when he was younger .. "eat your veges or that's it nothing else". Still has take away every so often .. I just don't keep crap in the house. And yes at BBQs etc .. he goes crazy .. but the majority of the time he eats well .. and knows the reason why.

Too many of my friends with kids give their kids too many choices and they wont eat good food because of it.

Today is about convenience. $20 through Maccas drive through gives you dinner for 4, no cooking required.
$20 at a supermarket for fruit/veges/meat, you first gotta shop, get it home prepare, dish out, wash dishes........ too much involved right?

Easier said than done wingers, with all the advertising on TV and influence from their school friends etc. kids just want to fit in and be cool.
I have never been a fast food eater or drink soft drinks but mention maccas or hungry jacks to my son and he's there in a flash.
Luckily for him he's got genetics on his side and is a bean pole, same as me when I was a kid.
On the odd occasion that I'll take him to maccas, I make him get out of the car and order at the counter and not use the drive thru, I know, I'm a bastich! :D

Last edited:
marketing at children is seriously an issue. there was a GREAT hbo docco about market exposure to children and the way it informed choices...i'll try and track it down.

i think the emotional context behind food as a child has a huge bearing on how you use food as an adult...

when i grew up there was a picnic basket on top of the fridge... that is where our treats were. lollies, mini chocolate bars, chips, bbq shapes (zomg bbq shapes) - the 'treat' in the lunch box. i think this is what conditioned me to desire something cheeky and awful and sinful and yum daily as a grown up. i vividly remember pulling the kitchen chair to the fridge and digging around for secret treats when no one was looking.

junk food was also a reward and a bribe... maccas was what we had or nagged for after seeing shit relatives, music lessons etc etc - after a shit day at work i crave junk. i remember asking for a feral amount of ice cream after my pet died and getting it and being all :eek: woah i need more dead frogs.

Also is that dumb bitch 'semi famous', or do all fat bitches in a photography shoot jsut look the same?

I really don;t follow celebs, but she looks kinda familiar.

Horrible and stupid parents should just be shot.

Edit: my cat used to be pretty fat when he was younger, still pretty active and fit/fast though lol...

You've got to have a balance and let your kids enjoy their childhood a little.

My kids eat generally healthy in most cases, but I let the 9yo have the odd snake lolly, chips etc. Everyone has fond memories of foods they loved when they were a kid, so you gotta have some fun. Just keep it under control. My kids are fine weight wise.

I knew a couple that would absolutely refuse their kids any sugar, anything remotely ''junk". Fork that shit bro...I felt sorry for the kids.

You've got to have a balance and let your kids enjoy their childhood a little.

Not only do you need to let the kids enjoy their childhood, it helps to bring them up to understand moderation and how to indulge without overindulging.

It might be easy to ban them from sugar and junk when you have them at home and they're not exposed to it in any way, but eventually they're going to go to schools, or friends houses, or parties...or even if they make it through all this, eventually they're going to move out. I still remember when I went to parties when I was younger, my mum would try to make me not eat anything, and if I did eat at the party she would make me go without dinner to compensate for the junk I ate. She meant well, but it didn't help me learn about WHY it was bad to eat that stuff, why it was bad to overindulge and how to compensate for time out without starving yourself later. I'm not blaming her, don't get me wrong, it's entirely my fault because I went to the extreme once I moved out, but I don't think banning your children entirely from sugar and junk is the answer.

If you haven't helped them learn how to moderate and balance their life, they may go out and binge. There has to be another way to keep your children healthy while teaching them the way to live.

(I've never had children, and I think all parents are amazing to be able to do what they do)