• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
I usually like to avoid drinking unless im catching up with family or old school friends which is not often... I have found when i drink and train i dont really see any gains!

I had a friend try tell me that you cannot get hepatitus from drinking alcohol.

I guess the fatty hamburgers and jack daniels caught up with Chopper Read, didn't it?

What about the studies that say a glass of red wine a day will result in x, y, z health benefits?

Is that naughty alcohol?

I like andy mc comes online, shares stuff, and doesnt stick around to chat.

Actually i find it quite annoying.

Has anyone found that after abstaining from alcohol for an extended period of time, trying to get back into it is simply not that fun anymore? I am rather disappointed that after being alcohol free for 2 years (as those uni boozey nights turned into nightly drinking sessions for most of my twenties, fastracking me to a fully fledged alcoholic), I tested the waters so to speak with a few drinks now and it just didn't sit right with me at all. My body thinks its being poisoned, I get light headed, nauseous, and dizzy. Not at all jolly like the way I remembered it in the 'good ol days'.

alcohol is over rated and seems like people drink just because everyone else is. (im talking excessive amounts).
How can anyone actually enjoy throwing up, and feel like shit for the next day.

Peer pressure, not even once.

Player - theres a big difference between drinking and getting drunk. I do the latter perhaps once or twice a year.

Monday: "I swear I will never do that again!"
Friday: "Let's go and get smaaashed!"

Unfortunately the older you get, the longer the hangover (or any comedown, crash etc) becomes.

cals in cals out.. simple...

Andrew doesnt look like he's making all kinds of gains.....

but then again, he cAN DO WHATEVER THE FUCK HE WANTS TO DO!

Has anyone found that after abstaining from alcohol for an extended period of time, trying to get back into it is simply not that fun anymore? I am rather disappointed that after being alcohol free for 2 years (as those uni boozey nights turned into nightly drinking sessions for most of my twenties, fastracking me to a fully fledged alcoholic), I tested the waters so to speak with a few drinks now and it just didn't sit right with me at all. My body thinks its being poisoned, I get light headed, nauseous, and dizzy. Not at all jolly like the way I remembered it in the 'good ol days'.
practice builds tolerance...

start with 1 set of 2, twice a week..
then increase by x every couple of weeks. (occasionally testing your drinking 1RM)
takes years to build up a good drinking ability.
just like lifting :D

Last edited:
practice builds tolerance...

start with 1 set of 2, twice a week..
then increase by x every couple of weeks. (occasionally testing your drinking 1RM)
takes years to build up a good drinking ability.
just like lifting :D

The 'compound lifts' of drinking must surely be wine, spirits, then beer - in that order. Followed by some accessory work with the alcopops. :D