• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
Cairns and Townsville...was there last week. Cairns is especially good for a holiday IMO, with the reef cruises and snorkeling / diving options.

Marcoola
Noosa
Sunshine Coast in general actually
Cairns
Wynnum
Brisbane :)
Gold Coast
Glass House Mountains
Big Pineapple lol
Bayside
Toowoomba
Townsville
Mackay
Airlie Beach
etc etc etc
There's loads in Qld ;)

Gold Coast

Surfers Paradise
Theme Parks
The Beach
Currumbin Bird Sanctuary
Springbrook
V8 Supercar Experience
Go Karts
World Gym

Great places to visit are - ipswich, inala, Kingston, Woodridge, Sunnybank, Robina, Wynuum

We were in mooloolabah (spelling?) last year. It was awesome. Went to Australia zoo, which is ok, very expensive though..,
Mooloolabah beach & all the stuff around it are great. Worth a look

Love Port Douglas.

Cape Tribulation
Mossman Gorge
Lots of stuff to do, hell even the Sunday markets are fun.

It's lost a bit of its shine since the Aussie $ took off as not as many international tourists and a lot of businesses have closed but hopefully it will come good again. Probably true of most places right now.

Four Mile Beach at 6am with the sun coming up is unbeatable. *sigh*

We were in mooloolabah (spelling?) last year. It was awesome. Went to Australia zoo, which is ok, very expensive though..,
Mooloolabah beach & all the stuff around it are great. Worth a look

I live down the road from mooloolaba its a very nice place it get packed out on Australia Day.

Ehh don't worry about Mackay, there's fk all to see here except advertising from mining companies, PPE shops and motels

PTC Goldcoast
then drive up to PTC Brisbane
Then drive up to Sunshine coast for swim and feed.
then catch flight back to wherever you're from.

Hey [MENTION=20214]bannedgerry[/MENTION] can you share a bit of local knowledge please. You lived in Gladstone awhile back. There's high unemployment there currently, is there also high crime rate? What areas are the troublesome zones? How safe is it to leave a new Car on the Street at night around Kin Kora Mall or the Industrial areas?
Secondly, the PCYC, does it allow casual visits, got an OK gym/Boxing area?

Thanks Champ.

I live down the road from mooloolaba its a very nice place it get packed out on Australia Day.

Mooloolaba is great bodysurfing when a southerly swell is rippin - big thick dumping waves. Not good for Novices but epic if you know how to Bodysurf big swells.

Hey @bannedgerry can you share a bit of local knowledge please. You lived in Gladstone awhile back. There's high unemployment there currently, is there also high crime rate? What areas are the troublesome zones? How safe is it to leave a new Car on the Street at night around Kin Kora Mall or the Industrial areas?
Secondly, the PCYC, does it allow casual visits, got an OK gym/Boxing area?

Thanks Champ.

Benefit of hindsight,we should never of gone to Gladdy stiff. I was training well heading towards competitions and had a ok job despite the annoying travel,i was content to a degree in NZ. I don't recommend moving to Gladdy,theres no jobs despite it being a nice place and it having amazing winters,i had to travel to Biloela for work. 13 hr days including travel and the job was run like a North Korean prison camp.
Met some good people there and Gladstone though.

We lived in steed st up the hill 5 mins from the mall in Kin Kora,explored the place thoroughly. Furtherest north I went was Rocky,fark its hot up there. Biloela is like one of those places you see on national geographic in the sahara,its like a town plonked in the middle of absolutely nowhere. haha I remember jumping out of the car at 5 am in the morning in a tee shirt and its minus 4 in Bilo. Clear days but cold overnight in winter.

Last edited: