• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
Benefit of hindsight,we should never of gone to Gladdy stiff. I was training well heading towards competitions and had a ok job despite the annoying travel,i was content to a degree in NZ. I don't recommend moving to Gladdy,theres no jobs despite it being a nice place and it having amazing winters,i had to travel to Biloela for work. 13 hr days including travel and the job was run like a North Korean prison camp.
Met some good people there and Gladstone though.

We lived in steed st up the hill 5 mins from the mall in Kin Kora,explored the place thoroughly. Furtherest north I went was Rocky,fark its hot up there. Biloela is like one of those places you see on national geographic in the sahara,its like a town plonked in the middle of absolutely nowhere. haha I remember jumping out of the car at 5 am in the morning in a tee shirt and its minus 4 in Bilo. Clear days but cold overnight in winter.

Thanks Gerry. Just going up there for a few days. Just concerned about the possible overnight crime rate (due to the high unemployment). No major issues with rampaging criminal youth was there???
Kin Kora was a nice area I remember.

Thanks Gerry. Just going up there for a few days. Just concerned about the possible overnight crime rate (due to the high unemployment). No major issues with rampaging criminal youth was there???
Kin Kora was a nice area I remember.

I spent very little time during the week in Gladdy respite residing there. I was always pushed for time and spent the weekends hanging out with my family. I did spend some time in the company of a guy who went to school in Gladdy,he reckons there was kids smoking heroin at lunchtime. I found the people nice and friendly to be honest. I cant tell you too much apart from the fact that the bottom fell out of the place before we got there,the rents were super cheap and theres no jobs.

Rocked into Happyknackers (Gladstone) this arvo. Driving in past the "welcome to the city of Gladstone" sign there's a black Ford Ute parked by the side of the Dawson Highway. Three young fellas having a piss by the side of road. See where I get me class and culture from kunce lol.

Fuck Gladstone has changed since the early 80s when I left as a kid. Back then there was nothing there, just tough honest hard workers. Now its like a Locality of a capital City, development everywhere.

Last edited:
Probably, Roosters aren't really a working man's Team. Gladstone is built on Coal and other export industries

Funny you posted Jimmy.
I’m at Jimmy Barnes concert now.
Jet is the back up band playing now.
[MENTION=7738]Timeah[/MENTION]; are you here, WIN Entertaining Centre?

Rocked into Happyknackers (Gladstone) this arvo. Driving in past the "welcome to the city of Gladstone" sign there's a black Ford Ute parked by the side of the Dawson Highway. Three young fellas having a piss by the side of road. See where I get me class and culture from kunce lol.

Fuck Gladstone has changed since the early 80s when I left as a kid. Back then there was nothing there, just tough honest hard workers. Now its like a Locality of a capital City, development everywhere.

Took a rental car with family and cats from Brissy to Gladstone,and drove the whole way without stopping until we got to tannum sands which is about 20 km south where we filled up the tank. Cost me 37 bucks for a 520+ km drive. It would cost much more driving that distance in NZ.
It freaked me out a little driving through the sunshine coast after being in a small town with hardly any traffic to being on a highway with it almost bumper to bumper.

Last edited:
Took a rental car with family and cats from Brissy to Gladstone,and drove the whole way without stopping until we got to tannum sands which is about 20 km south where we filled up the tank. Cost me 37 bucks for a 520+ km drive. It would cost much more driving that distance in NZ.
It freaked me out a little driving through the sunshine coast after being in a small town with hardly any traffic to being on a highway with it almost bumper to bumper.

Yep, Brissy to Gladstone straight. I think that's why the A1 around Miriam Vale was so notorious for crashes - bad road (in the past) and people starting to tire.

Gladstone is pretty hectic around Kin Kora Mall though. When we left in 81 there was a small Airport, Golf Course, Caravan Park, smallish one story Kin Kora Mall, Racecourse, a few Schools, Sports fields, small Marina, few suburbs then take out everything else basically except the Industry. Now its Roundabouts, traffic lights, traffic islands etc. Beautifully kept gardens and Council areas though. Beautiful.

Wonder how many more Beaches the Gold Coast City Council has fucked up with their sand pumping.
Kirra used to be World famous surf beach, then the sand pumping began, fucking that up.
Burleigh Heads has now been destroyed due to sand pumping, last time I was there.
The Sunshine Coast Councils don't seem to take such an active interest in fucking up their surf beaches like the Gold Coast does.

Greetings to any of the good Folk of Mackay Qld. Beautiful City. A carbon copy of Bundaberg. Exact same layout, same looks etc. It's grown up.

Rocked into Townsville this arvo. Two things you notice immediately: an obvious temperature rise and Hoons on motorcycles and in clapped out noisy LandCruisers and Patrols (Saturday arvo).

FNQ mofos.

Last edited:
Townsville is a great place. Pity it'll be obliterated by a Cat 5 Cyclone one day.

The Strand was pretty quiet yesterday evening. Tourism industry feeling the pinch.

Probably not worth going to Townsville just to see Townsville, although it is beautiful that whole area.

Go to Townsville as a gateway to the Whitsundays, hire a LandCruiser and visit the top end, beautiful area - crystal clear Beaches, Mountains, Forest and Bush, the smell of Suger Cane, Crocodiles in their natural habitat. Barramundi etc.

Townsville is the spiritual heart of Qld probably, not really a tourist attraction by itself though.

Last edited: