• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Buchanan lives up to number one ranking

Admin

Administrator. Graeme
Staff member
Canberra's Caroline Buchanan has continued her domination of the clock with a stunning victory in the Superfinal time trial at the 2012 UCI BMX World Championships in England.
Racing on the National Indoor Arena in Birmingham, the 21-year-old recorded a time of 28.942 seconds to finish close to half a second quicker than Britain's Shanaze Reade (29.401) with Eva Aillourd of France claiming the bronze medal in 29.699.
Consistency has seen Buchanan win the time trial finals at all three 2012 Supercross World Cup rounds and last month in Norway she also claimed victory in the main event final.
Today's result is a reversal of last year when Buchanan was second behind Reade at the world titles in Denmark. In Birmingham Buchanan was the fastest qualifier in 29.168 and Reade was ninth best however the British champion was the big improver in the final.
"It definitely wasn't easy," said Buchanan who as top seed was the last rider to race the timed lap. "When I saw Shanaze in the hot seat (leader) with a really good time that I knew was so similar to my first time I knew it was going to be hard and I had to have a really solid lap.
"I managed to shave some time off which I didn't think I could even do," said a beaming Buchanan after being presented with her first BMX rainbow jersey.
"Last year I just learnt so much and this year I'm putting it into practice and my head's in a better spot," she explained. "I feel a lot more confident and I'm really going for it, giving it my 100 percent all."

Buchanan lives up to number one ranking

splash_mtb.jpg

the girl behind the helmet
art-buchanan-420x0.jpg

IS THIS Australia's lowest-profile world number one athlete and gold medal hope?
"I'm a well-kept secret," Caroline Buchanan confirms without a hint of disaffection in her voice.
The 21-year-old shares a manager with Sally Pearson and has also won as many senior world titles as the Australian world-record holding hurdler. Both women will be among the national team's strongest Olympic gold medal contenders in London this July, yet even ardent sports fans wouldn't know the peerless BMX racer if they crashed into her.
Advertisement: Story continues below
Tomorrow, Buchanan is poised to become a world champion for a third time, at a world cup in Birmingham, England. It would be her first in BMX after she won two in mountain bike - where she cut her competitive teeth - in 2009 and 2010. If this Australian cycling story is sounding familiar, it is. Cadel Evans was a successful mountain biker before eventually becoming Tour de France king.

Read more: Is this BMX star with 'a bit of mongrel' in her our best-kept Olympic secret?