• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Tip that changed you

Admin

Administrator. Graeme
Staff member
Is there a certain tip that maybe changed the way you lifted? Gave you better results? If so please share here

Is there a certain tip that maybe changed the way you lifted? Gave you better results? If so please share here

Don't worry about overtraining.

Virtually no one will ever be able to push themselves hard enough for long enough to actually overtrain properly.

"Workouts are for the purpose of building size and strength, not for the purpose of demonstrating strength"

That is difficult, but this was one quote i saw twenty years ago that led me to start questioning the way I was working out.

Probably the single biggest tip that changed my training actually came from myself: "Forget what your body type is. Seriously, forget it."

As soon as I stopped thinking: "I'm a whateverthefckiammorph, so I'm skinny and can't gain much muscle or fat and blah blah blah," I started building more muscle and strength (and put on quite a bit of fat in the process, most of which I've now removed and I'm still about 10kg heavier than I was back then), because I allowed myself to build more muscle and strength.

^ what is the meaning of this?

lol

It's something my Bodybuilder Uncle said to me after my Mum died, when I was my heaviest & unhappiest. He came to help me clear out her house & found me sitting cross legged on the floor, clutching her dressing gown & crying like a child.

I said something like "Fuck I need to lose this weight now, I'm not sick anymore & I barely have the breath to even cry, there's no excuse to stay like this"

He looked at me & said "Jojo, you only get one shot at life. Don't waste the pretty, pretty girl"

I can still hear him saying it, every day.

I guess it just means, to me...I was buried, literally & figuratively.

I'm uncovering 'the pretty' and she won't be wasted, ever again :)

b0f129fe.jpg

Use compound movements to build overall strength, this carries over to heavier isolation work for better overall results.

This came from a friend who I trained with for a while before he moved back to the states, he's an older guy who powerlifted for more than 20yrs in his youth, now he bodybuilds for health and vitality still using mostly compounds for strength progression and carryover to other lifts.

Basically I got my best advice from this site. Squat, deadlift...compound movements. Best advice I ever got, I spent years doing stupid programs off and on....have achieved more in 6 months than I did for years.