• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

I'm not a weight lifter, I'm a bodybuilder - Kai Greene

Admin

Administrator. Graeme
Staff member
I'm not a weight lifter, I'm a bodybuilder - Kai Greene

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m8wZNGL4iA4]Kai Greene - I'll Never be A Weightlifter. - YouTube[/ame]

Exactly! Thank god lol

Good posting Graeme!

You really think Kai Greene built that physique moving light weights?

Look at it in context this is a 120kg pro, loaded up with anabolics trying to develop a 'perfect' physique not a 20 yo kid who weighs 70kg and is trying to bulk to 73kg.

His advice has it's place but let's be real show me anyone who has developed decent arms by concentrating on contracting while repping out 7.5kg dumbells, doesn't happen. It's this kind of shit that leads to young guys doing ridiculous programmes and never progressing.

Pretty sure this created a fucking shit storm on T-Nation...so does everything though...

You really think Kai Greene built that physique moving light weights?

Look at it in context this is a 120kg pro, loaded up with anabolics trying to develop a 'perfect' physique not a 20 yo kid who weighs 70kg and is trying to bulk to 73kg.

.........nothing wrong with that....

Pretty sure this created a fucking shit storm on T-Nation...so does everything though...

.........nothing wrong with that....

We were all 70kg once, the difference is your progressing cause your not lifting like a fucking spaz cause some pro told you it's the secret to getting big.

Edit: should say most of us were 70kg once spose there are plenty of ex fatties among us that were never 70kg.

Do what you want, but, this video is 100% true. It's all about using the correct muscle, and if you can only get 8 reps with perfect form with 7kg dumbells. Then 7kg dumbells it is!

Biceps is the extreme, most body builders I talk to don't use anything over 15kg on biceps. Some don't squat more than 65kgs and have mammoth legs.

But I am yet to practice what I preach until the last few weeks. Actually dropping the weight and doing the exercise with full form, and contracting the muscle to move the weight, instead of just moving my arm is a bit of a mind f*ck.

Plenty of top bodybuilders get big traning heavy, but i agree with Green pretty much.

Intensity can be made very tough, even on moderate weights. I once trained with a Mr Universe in the early 1990s who many thought was quite weak because he trained on 30kg barbell curls and did incline benches. I was wrecked and sore for days from such a focus on form. The bodybuilder indicated he had trained the same way most of his career.

Plenty of top bodybuilders get big traning heavy, but i agree with Green pretty much.

Intensity can be made very tough, even on moderate weights. I once trained with a Mr Universe in the early 1990s who many thought was quite weak because he trained on 30kg barbell curls and did incline benches. I was wrecked and sore for days from such a focus on form. The bodybuilder indicated he had trained the same way most of his career.

For building strength and size over a protracted time safely.

The weight is not important, what is key is the quality of the set and repitition and that the last repitition of the set is taken close to fatigue.
to maximize the ability to stimulate growth and strength, over the long haul you cannot achieve strength without growth and you cannot achieve growth without improving strength.
The intensity of work, how hard you work and how much pain you feel will be subjective, but I guarantee, that results are tangible.

For building strength and size over a protracted time safely.

The weight is not important, what is key is the quality of the set and repitition and that the last repitition of the set is taken close to fatigue.
to maximize the ability to stimulate growth and strength, over the long haul you cannot achieve strength without growth and you cannot achieve growth without improving strength.
The intensity of work, how hard you work and how much pain you feel will be subjective, but I guarantee, that results are tangible.

well said. It's how hard you will work. not how heavy the weight is.

Exactly Andy and well said :)
I think Bazza also said something very similar in Chad's old thread.

Working to momentary muscular fatigue on an exercise, rushing to the next and repeating this throughout the workout, working so hard you have to lye down is by far the most efficiant, result producing type of protocol one can do, is does require immense mental strength to do this week in week out.

The degree of intensity of work reflects this.

I have made the best gains of my life over the last year by dropping all my weights and focusing on form as well as workload intensity.

It's just saying what's the point of benching 120 with a quarter ROM when the person should be benching 80 with a full ROM

Form is greater than weight

I didn't see anything in there about progression or lack of it