• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

I'm not a weight lifter, I'm a bodybuilder - Kai Greene

What does a 200KG deadlift got to do with anything, random...

It's a representation of overall strength, nothing more nothing less. If you can deadlift 200kg, than you can generally do heavier isolation work, it's a given.
Kai is just leaving his ego at the door, when he does an isolation exercise, he fully concentrates on the 'isolation' factor, which denotes how much weight he can lift in the movement.

a 200kg would suggest you've spent some time under the bar and therefore actually have some knowledge on the topic of hypertrophy and strength.

Son you made me laugh good n proper.

Oli, I'm guessing our forum member Fadi probably can't deadlift 200kg right now, but I think the general consensus among the community here is that he's more than earned his opinions.

Oli, I'm guessing our forum member Fadi probably can't deadlift 200kg right now, but I think the general consensus among the community here is that he's more than earned his opinions.

fadi has been lifting for years and could have at some point.

Would you listen to a 'guitarist' who couldn't play smoke on the water?

How about getting a builder with no qualification or experience to build your family home?

I think you're missing the point entirely
200kg is an arbitrary number

Lol at this.

The bloke benches 500+ lb and squats 800. If he wants to curl pink 5 kg dumbbells or whatever he has already built a huge strength base and huge amount of muscle by lifting heavy weight.

Now you have blokes reading this that are unlikely to total what Kai squats going on about weight lifted doesn't matter at all and it all about concentrating on the muscle and what ever other bullshit.

You have to build the basics first.

And no-on said to use tiny weights either

Are we reading the same thread?

Talk of getting huge legs on 65kg squats

Not using over 15kg for curls

"It's how hard you work. Not weight lifted."

People thinking a 200kg dead is an unrealistic goal for a male.

Anyway, not sure what the hell is going on these days or why people seem to have made the business of building muscle so bloody complicated, when it's not.

Anyway, not sure what the hell is going on these days or why people seem to have made the business of building muscle so bloody complicated, when it's not.

It's because building muscle takes time. People don't see results straight away and think its not working and overcomplicate it.

Stick to the basics and progress over time and you will get results.