• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

linkiiin

Monday: Quads, Hams

Squats - 2-3 warm-up sets of 10 reps

4 sets max reps with 10RM

Stiff leg deads - 4 sets max reps with 10RM

Walking db lunges - 3 lengths of a corridor

Leg extensions - 3 sets max reps with 12RM

Tuesday: Chest, Triceps

Incline db press -1-2 warm-up sets of 10 reps

Weighted dips - 4 sets max reps with 10RM

Pec deck - 4 sets max reps with 12RM

Decline skull crushers - 4 sets max reps with 12RM

Thursday: Back, Biceps

Deadlifts - 3 warm-up sets 10, 8, 6

3 sets max reps with 6RM

Wide grip pullups - 4 sets max reps

Seated cable rows - 4 sets max reps with 10RM

Barbell curls - 4 sets max reps with 12RM

Friday: Shoulders, Calves

Seated bb press - 1-2 warm-up sets of 10 reps

Leaning lateral - 3 sets max reps with 12RM

Bent over lateral - 3 sets max reps with 12RM

James' Three Minute Calf Workout

Is it not that bad??

my lifts are

deadlift - 315 x 6
squat - 285 x 8
inc db press - 100 x 6
seated bb press - 125 x 6

Last edited:
So according to youir lifts your total should be well over 700kg?

Shouldn't we all be coming to you to write our programmes

It's not the worst thing I've ever seen.

Make barbell bench press the main lift on your chest day and standing barbell overhead press the main lift on your shoulders day. Put everything you can into your squat, bench, deadlift and press.

On a minor note ditch the pec deck and do inclines instead, just do normal skull crushers and do lunges with a barbell.

It's not the worst thing I've ever seen.

Make barbell bench press the main lift on your chest day and standing barbell overhead press the main lift on your shoulders day. Put everything you can into your squat, bench, deadlift and press.

On a minor note ditch the pec deck and do inclines instead, just do normal skull crushers and do lunges with a barbell.

Why not decline skull crushers? It would increase ROM, and if his head is as big as mine, that'd be a good thing.

how the fuck does it increase ROM?

Am I the only person who gets pissed off by the fact that you are rude and often ignorant? I know you've got a lot of knowledge and some decent lifts, but I'd appreciate a little more respect - I'm sure a lot of people here would. I know you think you are just a 'no frills' guy, but you aren't simply someone who tells it like it is. You move from indifference to impoliteness.

Decline raises your shoulders slightly above your head. If you maintain a close to vertical upper arm position, it means the distance between your elbows and your forehead/face is greater.

If you'd tried them, you'd realise a slightly greater ROM. It obviously differs from person to person depending on the individual movement, but it COULD increase ROM.

Crickey, I thought you of all people would realise that, having deadlifted 200kg+ and gaining the experience that you state comes along with it.

A Maori guy can deadlift 200kg without ever being trained in lifting. Doesn't mean he knows what his on about

Just sayin :)

cheers
trent

Some power cleans would be a good addition to shoulders.

Do your bb press standing, you dont sit down to pee do you

I dont know exactly why, but I feel my triceps MUCH MORE on decline bench.

btw

I decided to change it a bit, I mean adding 1 triceps&biceps exercise (1 min rest between sets, it wont take me more than 4-5 minutes, but I believe it will be worth it)

Monday: Quads, Hams

Squats - 2-3 warm-up sets of 10 reps

Stiff leg deads - 4 sets max reps with 10RM

Walking db lunges - 3 lengths of a corridor

Leg extensions - 3 sets max reps with 12RM

Tuesday: Chest, Triceps

Incline db press -1-2 warm-up sets of 10 reps

Weighted dips - 4 sets max reps with 10RM

Pec deck - 3 sets max reps with 12RM

Decline skull crushers - 3 sets max reps with 12RM

Pushdowns - 3 sets max reps with 12RM

Thursday: Back, Biceps

Deadlifts - 3 warm-up sets 10, 8, 6

3 sets max reps with 6RM

Wide grip pullups - 4 sets max reps

Seated cable rows - 4 sets max reps with 10RM

Barbell curls - 3 sets max reps with 12RM

Db hammer curls - 3 sets max reps with 12RM

Friday: Shoulders, Calves

Military press - 1-2 warm-up sets of 10 reps

Leaning lateral - 3 sets max reps with 12RM

Bent over lateral - 3 sets max reps with 12RM

James' Three Minute Calf Workout

I think it is nicely balanced now, but what do you think? enough volume to grow (provided enough serious eating)

Am I the only person who gets pissed off by the fact that you are rude and often ignorant? I know you've got a lot of knowledge and some decent lifts, but I'd appreciate a little more respect - I'm sure a lot of people here would. I know you think you are just a 'no frills' guy, but you aren't simply someone who tells it like it is. You move from indifference to impoliteness.

Decline raises your shoulders slightly above your head. If you maintain a close to vertical upper arm position, it means the distance between your elbows and your forehead/face is greater.

If you'd tried them, you'd realise a slightly greater ROM. It obviously differs from person to person depending on the individual movement, but it COULD increase ROM.

Crickey, I thought you of all people would realise that, having deadlifted 200kg+ and gaining the experience that you state comes along with it.

Your forearms travel the same distance. And the skullcrusher starts from behind the head because the tricep works as both shoulder and elbow extension.

Why should I have to type up a mini anatomy essay everytime one of you lot fails to grasp basics?

A Maori guy can deadlift 200kg without ever being trained in lifting. Doesn't mean he knows what his on about

Just sayin :)

cheers
trent

Trent don't be a troll. I'd rather take advise from the Maori guy over the fail on this forum.

Liar, you have probably been trying to put your bench shirt on for the last 2 hours. Cardio done.

I will never try to get into it by myself. I have a very rational fear that I will become stuck and they will find me 8hrs later on the ground with the shirt and my arms stuck over my head, dislocated shoulders and torn finger nails, having died of starvation.

I will never try to get into it by myself. I have a very rational fear that I will become stuck and they will find me 8hrs later on the ground with the shirt and my arms stuck over my head, dislocated shoulders and torn finger nails, having died of starvation.

Getting catabolic in the meantime :p