• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
Has anyone tried sleeping with one eye open?

or eating food for your legs, or arms for example?

tell how that goes for you.

Has anyone tried sleeping with one eye open?

or eating food for your legs, or arms for example?

tell how that goes for you.

not a good analogy, me think.

What I can tell you is that thousands and thousands of people have succeeded on 3-day, 4-day, 5-day, 6-day and 7-day training splits; and many champions always trained with splits. This is a fact.

Really irrelevant which program you pursue, split or whole body. More important is eating, training stimulus and recovery. I don't really worry about genetics; that takes care of itself as we have no control over that.

You are missing one important factor, anabolics. Someone on gear is going to have a larger window of protein synthesis. So they can afford to have more days between training muscle groups. A natural would want to train each muscle group at least twice a week.

You are missing one important factor, anabolics. Someone on gear is going to have a larger window of protein synthesis. So they can afford to have more days between training muscle groups. A natural would want to train each muscle group at least twice a week.

what the fug?

Did you read what you wrote hmm?

A natural will have a protein synthesis window of approx 48 hours after stimulating a muscle. If you don't train that muscle again after 2 days, it's not going to grow any further. Where if on gear, the window is much larger. This is why most people advocate full body or upper/lower plans for naturals.

A natural will have a protein synthesis window of approx 48 hours after stimulating a muscle. If you don't train that muscle again after 2 days, it's not going to grow any further. Where if on gear, the window is much larger. This is why most people advocate full body or upper/lower plans for naturals.
I think you've confused the two

not a good analogy, me think.

What I can tell you is that thousands and thousands of people have succeeded on 3-day, 4-day, 5-day, 6-day and 7-day training splits; and many champions always trained with splits. This is a fact.

Really irrelevant which program you pursue, split or whole body. More important is eating, training stimulus and recovery. I don't really worry about genetics; that takes care of itself as we have no control over that.

I have a little secret method that I use, I've split my body in half, I worked the left side last night, and I'm working the right tonight.

i really believe that most of those thousands of successful people cut their teeth on a whole body template, the introduction of steroids enabled them to do more, and the "split" was born.

for the bodybiulder, diet is key, but only after they had built their perceived ideal, using very brutal and rugged whole body type exercise programs.

more often than not they where not too bright in the ways of properly doing an exercise and resorted to reducing their intensity OF WORK as a means to continue, the split was/is a means to an end.

the practice of splitting up a workout, to sculpt a body is also a myth IMO.
the things that determine the difference between good and excellent are; muscle belly and tendon length and ultimately bone structure and no amount of exercise can change those short of surgery

I have a little secret method that I use, I've split my body in half, I worked the left side last night, and I'm working the right tonight.

i really believe that most of those thousands of successful people cut their teeth on a whole body template, the introduction of steroids enabled them to do more, and the "split" was born.

for the bodybiulder, diet is key, but only after they had built their perceived ideal, using very brutal and rugged whole body type exercise programs.

more often than not they where not too bright in the ways of properly doing an exercise and resorted to reducing their intensity OF WORK as a means to continue, the split was/is a means to an end.

the practice of splitting up a workout, to sculpt a body is also a myth IMO.
the things that determine the difference between good and excellent are; muscle belly and tendon length and ultimately bone structure and no amount of exercise can change those short of surgery

I think it is one of those questions that have strengths and weaknesses on both sides. I am no champ, but I have good gains on both whole body and split workouts. I really don't think it is an important component for improvement compared to other factors.

I detest full body training. If full body routines can be productive then I have never done one properly. I just feel warmed up and it's time to move on. Warming up half a dozen muscles a day is a waste of time. I have always used a split and I have grown ok when I trained and ate properly.

Last edited by a moderator: