• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Calcium supplements may raise risk of heart attack

Admin

Administrator. Graeme
Staff member
Calcium supplements, which many people consume hoping to ward off osteoporosis, may increase the risk of heart attack by as much as 30 percent, researchers reported Friday.
These tiny tablets which carry concentrated doses of calcium were also associated with higher incidences of stroke and death, but they were not statistically significant.
The researchers advised people consuming calcium supplements to seek advice from their doctors, take more calcium-rich foods and try other interventions like exercise, not smoking and keeping a healthy weight to prevent osteoporosis.
"People regard calcium supplements as natural but they are really not natural at all," Ian Reid, professor of medicine at the University of Auckland in New Zealand, said in a telephone interview.

Calcium supplements may raise risk of heart attack | Reuters

Interesting, would this be the similar to consuming litres of milk a day?

Fuck i would have died of heart failure years ago i drink heaps of the old moo juice. Meal in a bottle, i should just buy a cow it would be cheaper

take more calcium-rich foods and try other interventions like exercise, not smoking and keeping a healthy weight to prevent osteoporosis.
"People regard calcium supplements as natural but they are really not natural at all," Ian Reid

so by reading that it sounds like if you take calcium from natural sources you should be right

Fuck i would have died of heart failure years ago i drink heaps of the old moo juice. Meal in a bottle, i should just buy a cow it would be cheaper

Yeh I go through about 1.5-2L a day, I heard it has a steroid effect (can't remember or find source) but then I heard it didn't. I dunno but I love my damn milk lol.

so by reading that it sounds like if you take calcium from natural sources you should be right

this goes for most nutrients. Supplements strip away the interactions they have when consumed as part of whole foods.
Plus it's easier to overdose on them (like crazy nutters taking mega doses of C tablets #facepalm )