• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

rice cream

Admin

Administrator. Graeme
Staff member
rice cream the stuff of legends , we've been making this stuff at work for the last few weeks now , so been munching on it as soon as the cans come out of the cooker

so who else likes a bit of rice cream

cans, Graeme? CANS??

hmmm creamed rice or rice pudding is indeed delish...a little vanilla and cinnamon.... heaven.....

but homemade, Graeme, homemade!! :D:D:D

i much prefer homemade , but it's from work ,can't complain when it is for free

besides i have seen the way the stuff is made so it's not quite so bad, big milk tanker pumping all the milk into the holding tanks

i much prefer homemade , but it's from work ,can't complain when it is for free

besides i have seen the way the stuff is made so it's not quite so bad, big milk tanker pumping all the milk into the holding tanks

ah that's no so bad then :)

total comfort food, especially now the weather is getting colder!

hmmmm maybe with a little chocolate melted into it ....

ah that's no so bad then :)

total comfort food, especially now the weather is getting colder!

hmmmm maybe with a little chocolate melted into it ....

CCM - you wouldn't happen to have a good recipe handy =)

I remember mum making bread and butter pudding / rice pudding in winter with lots of cinnamon.

awesome to have after a roast =)

Bit of a fave food rice cream. I make my own but I am mostly guilty of the canned supermarket runny stuff as I over eat when I make a big batch.

1 cup of Aborio rice to 1l of Soy milk (find it gives a creamier taste) depending how much you want make.
Slowly heat up and stir occasionally.
When its about the right consistency add some dried fruit and eat up at its best hot.

1 cup of Aborio rice to 1l of Soy milk (find it gives a creamier taste) depending how much you want make.
Slowly heat up and stir occasionally.
When its about the right consistency add some dried fruit and eat up at its best hot.

Yep that's pretty much the way we make it. 1 heaped cup of arborio - although if you can, get Vialone Nano rice as that's SUPER CREAMY.
You make a lot like a risotto, stirring to make sure it doesn't burn/stick to the bottom of the pan.
We use normal dairy milk or almond milk.
you can add some sugar/honey or sweetener, lots of CINNAMON, a little orange zest and dried fruits if you want them.
Also nice with a little grated dark choc stirred in at the very end, especially if you're adding the orange zest

:):):)

Bella does not like.

It's the texture.

Rice pudding or creamed rice and oysters. Cannot do them.

But the rest of my family loves the good old creamed rice/rice pudding!

I like rice. I like cream.

I. can. not. stand. ricecream. Which idiot came up with such a foul food?

I like rice. I like cream.

I. can. not. stand. ricecream. Which idiot came up with such a foul food?

ahhhhhhhhhhhh ... depends how it's made.

yummy budino di riso is lovely (and I usually hate cream and creamy anything).
If it's got lots of cinnamon, vanilla, citrus zest and maybe a hint of choc, it can be wonderful.
it should not be stodgy, which it can be if made wrong :)

Went through a stage where i would smash a tin of rice cream mixed with WPC after each workout.

Did not regret it, might do it again.