• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

This may be a stupid question but...

pumpiniron

On sunday i weighed 83.5 kilos and after my workout today i weighed myself and i weighed 86 kilos. I thought wtf!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Is this just water retention ?

Thats amazing, you must have those really good genetics those pro-bodybuilders have, you are destined for the olympia stage.

Seeing as that is a gain of 2.5kilos over only 4 days, if you keep up your diet and training at this rate you'll pack on 228.125 kilos of rock hard dense muscle in just over a year.

Are you the next Jay Cutler...?

Thats amazing, you must have those really good genetics those pro-bodybuilders have, you are destined for the olympia stage.

Seeing as that is a gain of 2.5kilos over only 4 days, if you keep up your diet and training at this rate you'll pack on 228.125 kilos of rock hard dense muscle in just over a year.

Are you the next Jay Cutler...?

lol, come one come all i have cured annerexia, With the extreme fat gain diet lol.

For a true measure of how much fluid we really need, weigh yourself before your exercise and then directly after.

If you weigh more directly after your activity you are either not working hard enough or you are taking in too much fluid.
both are counter productive to a good workout.
Something I reckon they should do in footy.

For a true measure of how much fluid we really need, weigh yourself before your exercise and then directly after.

If you weigh more directly after your activity you are either not working hard enough or you are taking in too much fluid.

But its said, after a workout ur muscles are pumped up and retain more fluid.

Well i drink about 2 litres of water on average a workout. im doing low rep heavy weigh sets. (5 reps) then rest for a few mins to get my full str back and go again, my workouts go for about 40-50 mins.

I do go hard, as in train to muscle failure then rest until i get my str back then go to muscle failure again, im working out to build muscle, not training for a fitness marathon.

Last edited:
Did you weigh yourself at the same time of day both times?[/Q

Nah mate weighed myself sunday morning before i ate. today i weighed myself straight after workout.

(Someone correct me if I am wrong but...) you can vary quite a bit in weight throughout the day - usually heavier towards the end of the day. Always weigh yourself at the same time of day for a better comparison.

Sodium and carbohydrate intake will effect water retension...fluxuation in them will cause daily weight fluxuations...

Food volume, water intake, bathroom trips will effect weight...

Weight yourself at the same time of day once per week after the same daily routine (I.E first thing in the morning on a monday after a toilet break etc)..will give you a better indication on the progress