• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Protein Farts

jamesyboi

Last night on the way home from work I let off the biggest protein fart.

I had been consuming tuna, eggs, chicken and protein powder all day (for months now) but this one really rocked the car and nearly peeled off the tungsten paintjob on my VT commodore.

I locked the car and went inside home to have dinner and let it settle down for a bit before going to the gym and when I got back in the car the smell was still pretty full on.

How does everyone deal with those mega protein farts?

I thought I would share this experience with everybody.

Have a nice day.

If you are going to fart in the car, then lift your arse off the seat then let her rip.

Otherwise it impregnates the foam within the seat, and that is why the smell lingers.

I try to hold off till I'm in the gym than let rip everyone around leaves and you get the weights to yourself

to be honest your farts probably have more to do with the lactose in the protein powder than the actual protein.

Farts are the gasses made by bad bacteria outweighing the good bacteria in your diet. More balance with food choices will help alleviate it, but I think we all consume a little too much of at least something everyday. Not to say we consume to much food in calories/joules everyday, just certain macros of foods are always at least a little out of whack. It's nigh on impossible to know exactly to the microgram what exactly to consume and when everyday.

Farts are the gasses made by bad bacteria outweighing the good bacteria in your diet. More balance with food choices will help alleviate it, but I think we all consume a little too much of at least something everyday. Not to say we consume to much food in calories/joules everyday, just certain macros of foods are always at least a little out of whack. It's nigh on impossible to know exactly to the microgram what exactly to consume and when everyday.

If this is true, why are beans always a culprit?

It's not true. Farts are from incomplete digestion of resistant carbohydrates. Some "good" bacteria and other enzymes can help (beano, lactaid, asafoetida.)

Lol, this threads reminds me of high-school science class, except without the gas taps that we used to light

Eating yoghurt gives me bad bloating and gas... so much for good bacteria. Also raw onion..

It's not true. Farts are from incomplete digestion of resistant carbohydrates. Some "good" bacteria and other enzymes can help (beano, lactaid, asafoetida.)

Technically your right about incomplete digestion of resistant carbohydrates, but it is the bacteria that then feed on these incomplete carbs that cause the release of gas (at least that's one type of flatulent cause). 3 main gut bacteria that are often unbalanced in the gut and intestinal area are called prokaryotes, yeast and methanobrevibactor smithii, as well as a host of other archaea.

If this is true, why are beans always a culprit?

In beans, endogenous gases seem to arise from complex oligosaccharides (carbohydrates) that are particularly resistant to digestion by mammals, but which are readily digestible by gut floramicroorganisms (methane-producing archaea; Methanobrevibacter smithii) that inhabit the digestive tract. These oligosaccharides pass through the upper intestine largely unchanged, and when they reach the lower intestine, bacteria feed on them, producing copious amounts of flatus.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flatulence#cite_note-McGee-5

(copy pasted from google wiki)

So it is hard to digest carbs, the bacteria then go to town