• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

written workout ?

Admin

Administrator. Graeme
Staff member
Do you write your workout down and follow it while at the gym , or do you memorise your workout and sort of just wing it ?

i have mine in memory and follow it that way

I got a diary in my gym that I write in as I go, so guess I follow it. But if I trained elsewhere away from home I could remember it no prob.

I write down my weeks training on Sunday then follow said workouts to a T. Then re assess Sunday and do it all over again.

Might be different if l didnt train at home though.

I write a template and stick with it until I stop making progress, I've basically had the same templates for twenty years.

I've got three different templates, I record the rep's

I don't change the template much

I have followed a spreadsheet a couple of times but most of the time I know what I want to train and just train it. I have never kept a log for any decent period of time. I have started a few over the years though.

I'm sure that they are a good tool but I had no intention of actually using it to sharpen up my training so I just stopped recording stuff after a while.

They might also be good for motivation but I have rarely struggled for motivation.

I write it down in the gym. I know what I plan on doing each day without having to write anything down, but having the numbers there to tick off as I go along helps stop me from doing something silly like thinking I've just done all my sets, when I've actually got 1 to go. It also helps to keep me on track.

I write every workout on a note pad.

I play a game. I write the weights and reps used and try to beat it next workout.

I have an app for my phone which lets me program in a routine or routines, when I launch it I can see the sets/reps/weight from last time I did that exercise.

Same as writing it, just electronic.

I print out the programs my coach gives me to look at in the gym (sometimes it's hard to remember everything). Then I record what I did when I get home.

I created a shreadsheet for Wendlers and it automatically calcs the weight required for each session and the 1RM calcs. Redog uses it too, and he added the a function that tells you how many reps you need to beat last workouts calc'd 1RM.
I go into each workout knowing exactly what I need to achieve, as a minimum. I think personally I need that, I have gone to the gym without a plan before and I don't seem to achieve much...

Last edited:
I created a shreadsheet for Wendlers and it automatically calcs the weight required for each session and the 1RM calcs. Redog uses it too, and he added the a function that tells you how many reps you need to beat last workouts calc'd 1RM.
I go into each workout knowing eactly what I need to achieve, as a minimum. I think personally I need that, I have gone to the gym without a plan before and I don't seem to achieve much...

That part would be good for me especially in something like 5/3/1. If l know l only need 1 more rep to get a pb i'll grind it out... If i didn't know i'd probably call it a day

I go into each workout knowing eactly what I need to achieve, as a minimum. I think personally I need that, I have gone to the gym without a plan before and I don't seem to achieve much...

You blokes are smart bastards

Print it out on A5 and take it with me - fill in with pen as I go.

Otherwise I'd forget what I did when I go back later and check on how it compared to the previous session.

I post it in my transformation thread before or after.. I usually stick to a general structure and try new things here and there.

I couldn't commit to one specific routine

Last edited:
I ask this question because it must be one tough motherfucking lap top

It is his gym so I am sure he has somewhere safe to keep it.

Personally I print mine out. I don't like fucking around with my phone when training so I don't use any apps.