• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Getting down to business with one of the best upper body mass builders.

Cheers Fadi, I'll have a crack at these tomorrow. If no one hears from me, I'm unable to type. Send for help.

Cheers Fadi, I'll have a crack at these tomorrow. If no one hears from me, I'm unable to type. Send for help.

I did these last Tuesday and I have only been able to raise my arms above my head today ! Awesome exercise

What do you guys mean by opening your ribcage ? Also would this exercise best be done on chest day or back day ?

Back day - given that I personally feel it most in the back, I find it well suited to back day.

Chest day - other than if you find it works your chest more than your back, when I do it on chest day I feel like my back is getting hit a second time for the week.

Hey guys

What is the best way to kick start this exercise? Someone hands you the dumbbell from behind? Carry the dumbbell from the front position and lay down on the bench?

Looking for the best/comfortable way to start off

Hey guys

What is the best way to kick start this exercise? Someone hands you the dumbbell from behind? Carry the dumbbell from the front position and lay down on the bench?

Looking for the best/comfortable way to start off

1.negative
2. Affirmative

how does the hammer strength pull over machine rate? i have began to do these and love them.

It's good, Gary Jones did away with the lever which brings the arm forward so as the increase the range of movement, people were hurting themselves on the nautilus.
The strength curve is better on the last 250 mm to the belly button.

Goosey

I find this exercise targets my triceps more than anything else. Am i doing something wrong?

Also. I struggle to bench afterwards :(

Goosey

I find this exercise targets my triceps more than anything else. Am i doing something wrong?

Also. I struggle to bench afterwards :(
Sir, as I have mentioned in the original post: the long head of the triceps… that is the meaty/huge/hanging part of the triceps is worked to the max with this exercise. So the answer to your question is no Sir, you're not doing anything wrong.

Fadi.

Sir, as I have mentioned in the original post: the long head of the triceps… that is the meaty/huge/hanging part of the triceps is worked to the max with this exercise. So the answer to your question is no Sir, you're not doing anything wrong.

Fadi.

Using a DB I concur,two of the triceps crosses over the shoulder the other inserts into the shoulder blade.

This is where the machine pullover comes into its own, the resistance is directly on the elbow through an incredible 270 degrees movement, compared to 60 degrees movement on a wide grip behind neck pull up.

Does anyone else feel there shoulder/s getting jacked doing this? l've been doing these for 6-8ish weeks and my left shoulder is starting to feel like shit when im in the bottom or the motion.... Am l just doing this wrong?