• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Getting down to business with one of the best upper body mass builders.

The gym owner put pullovers in my first ever program back in about 1987. But, since I didn't have a chest at all, we left it until I could at least bench "something." I never really got into them, and have seen them very seldom since.

These are along forgotten exercise, doesn't the original squats and milk program state to smash the pullovers too?
I used to do these a fair bit, same issue as D-man, not confident in the collars on my DB's and was paranoid about the plates sliding off and smashing me in the face, so mainly used a barbell.
Andy and his Nautilus machines, you have a fair few dont you, have you seen this one before?
Exercise Machine - Nautilus 'Four Way Neck' w/ Weights - RRP $2000+ - Reserve Now Reduced From $800 to $400! - Lot # 1

These are along forgotten exercise, doesn't the original squats and milk program state to smash the pullovers too?
I used to do these a fair bit, same issue as D-man, not confident in the collars on my DB's and was paranoid about the plates sliding off and smashing me in the face, so mainly used a barbell.
Andy and his Nautilus machines, you have a fair few dont you, have you seen this one before?
Exercise Machine - Nautilus 'Four Way Neck' w/ Weights - RRP $2000+ - Reserve Now Reduced From $800 to $400! - Lot # 1

You beauty!
I've been looking for one.

Thankyou for posting this Fadi,

May just be what I'm looking for to build some real thickness in the triceps (long head) and keep everything else pumping. Will see how it goes at next opportunity

Tuna

KungFooGoo did last night :

1 x 20 @ 29 - Struggle town completing reps
4 x 10 @ 29

He is not sore today though... does this mean l didn't "stretch" the movement enough?

I've been doing pullovers the last few weeks with a barbell, but I'm more than happy to try a dumb bell and see how it goes. Thanks for posting the original article

Of all the machines ive used, the plate loaded pullovers are easily the best ive used.

Whilst not as effective as an upper body mass builder as the dumbell pullover, the plate loaded pullover is easily the best back building machine i've ever used.

Fuck me, just realised ive been ballsing these up big time... Didn't realise there basically a LTE.... No wonder l wasnt crying like everyone else the day after.... Will give these another crack on Monday.....

Fuck me, just realised ive been ballsing these up big time... Didn't realise there basically a LTE.... No wonder l wasnt crying like everyone else the day after.... Will give these another crack on Monday.....
What's an LTE Gooman, lying tricep extension?
If so, then no they are not like a tricep extension at all
You want to keep only a slight bend in the elbow just to take the stress off the joint but not bend the elbow so much that you're involving the triceps too much, this is not a tricep exercise.

Last edited:
What's an LTE Gooman, lying tricep extension?
If so, then no they are not like a tricep extension at all
You want to keep only a slight bend in the elbow just to take the stress off the joint but not bend the elbow so much that you're involving the triceps too much, this is not a tricep exercise.

Yeah, l just looked at those photos again and it looked like a LTE to me... I've been doing them like this more or less.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ihoBJSuAq0g]EZ Bar Pullover - YouTube[/ame]

Doing 1 x 20 @ 30 then 4 x 10 @ 30

No Gooman, that's not it at all, take a look.........

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jw_Oy6fJT2c&feature=player_embedded]MuscleDog.com Presents: Dumbbell Pullover - YouTube[/ame]

Hmm true, will have to see how it goes with a dumbbell... Don't really want to be doing that too much as my collars / sleeves have fallen off a few times.....

EDIT: Can l still use the ez curl bar if l keep my arms straighter though? That seems to be the only difference between the two as far as KFG can tell...

Last edited:
Hmm true, will have to see how it goes with a dumbbell... Don't really want to be doing that too much as my collars / sleeves have fallen off a few times.....

EDIT: Can l still use the ez curl bar if l keep my arms straighter though? That seems to be the only difference between the two as far as KFG can tell...

Yes you can use an ez curl bar. Most of thhe motion occurs around the shoulder joint, so I don't see why a bar would be diff to a dbell, just more difficult to control.

Great thread I think I will add these into my program! Is the best way to do them flat on a bench or cross ways on a bench like in the youtube clip above?

Yes of course Gooman so long as the technique is still the same

Great thread I think I will add these into my program! Is the best way to do them flat on a bench or cross ways on a bench like in the youtube clip above?

It's a matter of preference Matty, try both to see how it feels, either way I think your shoulders should be right at the end of the bench with your head over the the end of the bench.