• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

how to make cooked Chicken breast taste good?

Cro-Xtreme

when i eat cooked (water) chicken breast it is so dry and hard to consume.
Is there a way to make it much better? Like what sauce should i use?
Should i eat it with something?

Any ideas?

Breast will always get dry if you over cook it or if oyu cook a bunch of it then chuck it in the fridge for later.

Don't really know what 'water' means but im hoping it doesn't mean your pan frying it with water in the pan?... If it does, cut that shit out and just use a teflon pan.

You can buy Nando's sauce from coles. I'd say that would be your best bet. Or just but a bulk pack of 'chicken thighs' they taste better, don't go dry and they're cheaper...

My .02

Breast will always get dry if you over cook it or if oyu cook a bunch of it then chuck it in the fridge for later.

Don't really know what 'water' means but im hoping it doesn't mean your pan frying it with water in the pan?... If it does, cut that shit out and just use a teflon pan.

You can buy Nando's sauce from coles. I'd say that would be your best bet. Or just but a bulk pack of 'chicken thighs' they taste better, don't go dry and they're cheaper...

My .02

It means i cook it in water. I boil it.
Who puts water in a pan?

I do not over cook it and i do eat it straight away.

Anyway i agree with the chicken thighs. I bought them this morning. They taste pretty good cooked.
I'm just not sure if thighs are healthy as the breast.

Who puts water in a pan?

Anyway i agree with the chicken thighs. I bought them this morning. They taste pretty good cooked.

Oh, yeah thats always going to happen if you 'boil it'. It'll become dry and stringy. I've seen some guys cook steak with water because they're trying to cut and they're spastics.

Just pan fry that bad boy then, few minute each side then smother that sucker in the nandos sauce then seer it a little bit each side and you're done. If the breasts are big slice it in half so there not as thick.

Oh, yeah thats always going to happen if you 'boil it'. It'll become dry and stringy. I've seen some guys cook steak with water because they're trying to cut and they're spastics.

Just pan fry that bad boy then, few minute each side then smother that sucker in the nandos sauce then seer it a little bit each side and you're done. If the breasts are big slice it in half so there not as thick.

I like big breasts.

bake it. Chicken thighs, salt and pepper, baked in the oven are amazing.

Chicken breast, baked is good too, I put them in a ceramic dish with cream of chicken cup of soup mix - low cal...and bake. They're beautiful.

EDIT : I am not usually a fan of chicken breast as a general rule, the meat is too prone to being tough and losing moisture at the best of times. Chicken thigh is better :)

Who puts water in a pan?

No wonder it tastes like crap when you cook it in water. Cook it in a sauce or some spices.

I cooked it in a pan with water yesterday. With onion, garlic, bay leaves, cumin and chilli. Thing is though I had it full of water :D

Thighs are not unhealthy, I do not know where you came up with this idea.

Last edited:
300x300-20110321124406_PORTUGUESE-CHICKEN-SEAS_large.jpg

nuff said

thighs are healthy and have more flavour than the breast.

but, whichever you choose, baked or grilled (non stick pan) or BBQ...

• lots of fresh rosemary and garlic, a little balsamic
  • chilli and/or moroccan spice mix is great too
  • tamari, honey and lime juice
  • maple syrup and cinnamon (JZ will vouch for that one :))
adding a little extra virgin olive oil is always a good thing...

Try some Cajun spices with cayenne pepper, Maroccan spices, Lemon pepper seasoning, garlic salt, salt and pepper with parmasan cheese, nando's sauce, there are heaps of options, just make sure you dont over cook it, this is when it goes dry.

I cooked it in a pan with water yesterday. With onion, garlic, bay leaves, cumin and chilli. Thing is though I had it full of water :D

Thighs are not unhealthy, I do not know where you came up with this idea.

I didn't say they are unhealthy. I said that i wasn't sure if they are as healthy as chicken breast.

Thanks for the help guys :) I will cook thighs from now on.

I didn't say they are unhealthy. I said that i wasn't sure if they are as healthy as chicken breast.

Thanks for the help guys :) I will cook thighs from now on.

They are not unhealthier than breasts, just slightly higher in calories due to the higher fat content.

I use oven bags with the seasoning Sachets. Mixd her and Portuguese chicken are my favourites.
When on Keto, I shallow fry in olive oil with garlic and chilli.

I like my chicken breast diced and than a tea spoon of garlic, tea spoon of whole musted seed, and a table spoon of soy sauce, add one tea spoon of olive oil and lightly fry....=YUM