• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

how to make cooked Chicken breast taste good?

A simple tasty thing I did a couple of times was to chop dem tits, coat 'em in something like hot mustard, milk, cheddar and flour, then pan fry 'em. Flat leaf parsley was definitely there too, but I can't remember what else. :D

Found a similar-ish recipe via Google, that I'm pretty sure would work, and you could easily modify it to taste: Rachael Ray Show - Food - Pretzel-Crusted Chicken Breasts With Cheddar Mustard Sauce

Pretzels?! Well, whatever. Same principles. :)

edit: Except, yeah, that looks more like frying them in a crapload of oil - not what I did...

Last edited:
If you cook it in water the oil will come out and it will get dry. Try to steam the chicken. I like coating the chicken in something like lemon peper or something. Steaming is a healthy way to cook.

I think if you seal the chicken on a fry pan on high heat then bake it it may also keep the wet juicey juice of goodness betterer.

Masterfoods has a variety of low cal marinade.

Or marinate in red wine vinger, apple cider vinegar or similar
lemon/soy/splenda (sugar) is good too.
agree with CCM's suggestions above too.

Otherwise, just fry up and add some random spices. Cajun spice is my fav.

Nothing wrong with cooking it in water it's called "poaching" and if done right the chicken should be moist and juicy. I do it quite often but it does lack a bit of flavours. I use Vegeta seasoning when pan frying or some of the masterfoods spices and rubs

far out, I have a hard time trying to make them taste bad.

The other night,

Two big breasts.....slice to make a pocket, Stuff with crushed garlic, semi direds tomatoes, olvie oil, Salt n pepper. Wrrap in foil and bake for 35 min.

or. Cut em up into strips. Marinate over night with liquid smoke and or BBQ mix and best over a coal BBQ or done on a cast iron skillet.

Great in the morning with spinach and a runny egg

Okay, I found some notes for that chicken...

It was actually coated in wholemeal breadcrumbs, ground roast hazelnut, pecorino cheese, parsley, and seasoned to taste. Actually, dipped in egg, then coated with all that. And then pan fried. Or you could bake it, I guess.

Just thought I'd clear that up. :) It worked well - I remember that clearly! - and again, could be modified very easily.

The guys who boil chicken need to get some cooking lessons. No wonder it tastes like shit.

Here's a quick tandoori chicken recipe.

Get some tandoori marinate, lemon and fat free natural yoghurt. One without sugar.
Whole chicken pieces or drumsticks or chicken breasts, your choice...

Mix the yoghurt, tandoori spices, and juice from half a lemon. Mix in the chicken and marinate overnight. Bake it for 25min at 230C. Make sure you turn the chicken around half way through.

Tastes good and no messing around...

The guys who boil chicken need to get some cooking lessons. No wonder it tastes like shit.

Get some tandoori marinate, lemon and fat free natural yoghurt. One without sugar.

Mix the yoghurt, tandoori spices, and juice from half a lemon. Mix in the chicken and marinate overnight. Bake it for 25min at 230C. Make sure you turn the chicken around half way through.

That is a lot of work for a piece of breast.
What about those with busy lives that want to cook something really quickly?

Anyway i gave up on chicken breast and started cooking thigh fillets.
takes 12 minutes to cook and serve.
+ it tastes good :)

The breast can still be delicious, as evidenced by suggestions throughout this thread :)

Good for you for going for the thigh though! I agree, delicious and quick to cook, exactly as they are, salt n pepper...or spices and wallah! Mucho Fantastico! :p

It's bloody easy. Go to the supermarket and buy one of the pre made marinade or spice mixes. Cut up chicken breast, mix in marinade or spice. Throw onto fry pan. Meal done in 10-15min.

It takes about 5min to prep and then throw it in an oven. I can cook enough for 4 days or more. Just throw in microwave and reheat.

Fwaaark that sounds good......Mmmmmm, lookout lunch tomoz! yumo

Morrocan seasoning + chicken + george foreman. A few grilled tomato's, throw in your carb of choice and drown that sucka in olive oil.