• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Only The Strong Survive: Lift To Live Longer!

PowerBuilder

Only The Strong Survive: Lift To Live Longer

"I used to be able to do that when I was your age."

It's a phrase you've undoubtedly heard countless times. Heck, many of you have probably uttered a similar line more times than you'd like to admit.

The aging process can be a hard thing to accept. Our bodies make it easier to store fat as we start to lose muscle. Aches and pains that didn't exist 10 years ago occur on a frequent basis.

But it doesn't have to be that way. We're all going to go down someday, but why go down without a fight? With the right training approach, your athletic prime could be in front of you, rather than a speck in the rear-view mirror.

"We've seen research on every age group, from children to men and women in their 90s, and it's clear that you can get stronger at any age," says Lou Schuler, co-author of the new book [ame="http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/1583334610/ref=redir_mdp_mobile"]"The New Rules of Lifting for Life"[/ame].

"That's pretty well-established. What's less well known is that strength is directly correlated to longevity. It almost doesn't matter what type of strength is being measured -- abs, thighs, grip. The strongest people live the longest. So no matter what age you are, being even a little stronger is always better".

For the whole shebang click here

Last edited:
Great reference and links PB!

Schuler's books are fantastic too (have one on the bedside table :))

This is the reason why at least some of us are here and are so dedicated to our training. Certainly true for me. Not the only reason but wanting to get as strong as possible and be as healthy as possible to maintain healthy and quality of life well into old age (and get there!) is a big motivator as you hit the mid decades of life ;)

thanks for sharing these :)

Only The Strong Shall Survive - Bill Starr's moto for a million years. The man is a legend and I wish I was his love child.

Ok I said it.