• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

topic of the week -How Can We Educate Others About power lifting?

I think that's just because you have an interest in it though mayne
Of course the crowd is going to react good and you enjoy strength events because you're interested in it and the crowd is interested in it lol

@ OP;

Honestly I think we need to just get people lifting weights. As much as Xfit has been bagged by peeps, it's done wonders for the average Joe taking an interest in strength training, well at least using a bloody barbell. If more strength based gyms open up and the main stream health centers get bagged out because of no results, the interest in the power lifting will be increased because people will want to show their new found gains in strength.

@ OP;

Honestly I think we need to just get people lifting weights. As much as Xfit has been bagged by peeps, it's done wonders for the average Joe taking an interest in strength training, well at least using a bloody barbell. If more strength based gyms open up and the main stream health centers get bagged out because of no results, the interest in the power lifting will be increased because people will want to show their new found gains in strength.

+1

Powerlifting, weight training is a fantastic sport which builds motivation, focus and health in people, I would like to see what they do in most american schools and introduce weight training/powerlifting in for acouple of periods a week.

Powerlifting, weight training is a fantastic sport which builds motivation, focus and health in people, I would like to see what they do in most american schools and introduce weight training/powerlifting in for acouple of periods a week.

i know a few schools that introduce weight training in year 10 or year 11 with pe

i know a few schools that introduce weight training in year 10 or year 11 with pe

I think it would be a great idea to start it at around year 7 or 8, and employee a Q strength and conditioning coach (PE/sports science degree) as the PE teacher, this would mean more jobs in the strength and conditioning field and a better foundation for healthly and more focused kids, plus an outlet for kids besides drinking, going out, doing drugs etc. You would be amazed at what the gym can do for kids.

As I touched on with more jobs for strength and conditioning coaches, there is something like 2,000-3,000 jobs for strength and conditioning coaches in American, in schools, sports teams, colleges etc, compared to 200-300 jobs in Australia. This would expand the knowledge of alot of kids when 1st stepping in the gym and also strengthen the overall health and fitness industry and the knowledge of it the the general public.

I think that's a great idea personally.

PE is or seemed to be alot a little bit about trying different sports but more about having a fun break from class.

Students should be taught basic ways of keeping themselves in shape and the benefits of doing so.

PE classes could be broken into subjects based on strength and aerobics training and lessons could involve instruction on successful unertaking of each.

This could naturally lead onto out of class fitness activity and perhaps an early interest in powerlifting (or weightlifting or running etc.)

I think it would be a great idea to start it at around year 7 or 8, and employee a Q strength and conditioning coach (PE/sports science degree) as the PE teacher, this would mean more jobs in the strength and conditioning field and a better foundation for healthly and more focused kids, plus an outlet for kids besides drinking, going out, doing drugs etc. You would be amazed at what the gym can do for kids.
you would be surprised at the number of times iv turned down the offer to have a drink because i have gym later or the next day, as for drugs, nah iv seen what they can do, staying away from that shit

you would be surprised at the number of times iv turned down the offer to have a drink because i have gym later or the next day, as for drugs, nah iv seen what they can do, staying away from that shit

The other day I had a few drinks with some mates - it's the first time I've had any 'grog' in months, and the first time I've had more than one drink in a couople of years. The entire time leading up to it (and including the first few), I was thinking about how I was blowing out my nutrition for the week.

I'm just thinking 'empty carbs and sugars... carbs and sugars...'