• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

topic of the week -How Can We Educate Others About power lifting?

Awesome pic. That chick is deadlifting 190kg. Don't tell all the bodybuilders, there still upset because they think that 180kg is too high of a standard for a novice male lifter. Lol.

Hahaha! Man I laughed at this...so true

8ba87fee-8c00-f706.jpg

To be honest though, both of those gals are damn sexy in their own way.

Violetta Varga competes in 60kgs class and holds a GPC world record Raw Deadlift of 190kgs @ 58kgs bw.
She's hungarian. ;)

Violetta Varga competes in 60kgs class and holds a GPC world record Raw Deadlift of 190kgs @ 58kgs bw.
She's hungarian. ;)

Bloody awesome lifting.

Saw a YouTube vid of her deadlifting 200kg as a teenager. Lol. Seriously, now what excuses do blokes have for not being able to deadlift 180.

that was my first thought, but everyone was talking like it was two different chicks...
One for the bedroom. One to move your fridge.

Bloody awesome lifting.

Saw a YouTube vid of her deadlifting 200kg as a teenager. Lol. Seriously, now what excuses do blokes have for not being able to deadlift 180.
180kgs - Triple bodyweight for Violetta, double bodyweight for the average bodybuilder.
Karen is 56kg and double posts.
Stupid phone :mad:

How do we educate others about powerlifting? Well, until we have a captive audience, we don't. How do we get a captive audience? Idno, get some teenage girl from a crossfit gym on the news and have her trainer talk about bacon on a paleo diet?

Nobody is going to give a rats ass about powerlifting. the feet don't move, its always going to make for a boring spectators sport.

Nobody is going to give a rats ass about powerlifting. the feet don't move, its always going to make for a boring spectators sport.
and 90% of the population dont understand the amount of work it takes to get strong, people who lift will find it good to watch because they understand what it takes, but to take a normal person to a meet they will be bored shitless. at the end of the day you dont go there to entertain others, you go to lift, who gives a shit if the crowd is bored :p

I'm a keen spectator in any strength event, whereas conventional spectator sports (football, soccer, race car driving, etc) bore me completely.