• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Diet?????????

nothintoit

Hi all,

I'm new to the forums so please go easy on me with the reply's.
I know most likely this question has been asked before, but i want a direct answer.
I've been training for about 1.5 years now, about half a year i've been training 'properly'
I'm not seeing much results. and the only thing it can be is my diet.
my training is great i got good form and everything.
my diet consists of tuna, rice, cous cous, beans, oats and water lol, i eat 5 times a day and have my protein shake in the morning and after my workout.
that is during the week Monday to Friday. Saturday and Sunday is different i eat what ever is in front of me, I'm pretty sure this is the only thing that stuffs me up, this however is changing as of this coming weekend i will eat properly.

I'm 190-192cm tall
90kg
with a bit of a gut.

Obvious thing out of training is i want to lose the gut and gain size.
Now, i know from reading previous posts what diffrent types of foods i should be eating, but honestly speaking im not creative at all,
Could you people out there please, please write down what you eat throughout the day please,
this would be much appreciated and help me out a lot.

Thanking you all in advance,

Hi all,

I'm new to the forums so please go easy on me with the reply's.
I know most likely this question has been asked before, but i want a direct answer.
I've been training for about 1.5 years now, about half a year i've been training 'properly'
I'm not seeing much results. and the only thing it can be is my diet.
my training is great i got good form and everything.
my diet consists of tuna, rice, cous cous, beans, oats and water lol, i eat 5 times a day and have my protein shake in the morning and after my workout.
that is during the week Monday to Friday. Saturday and Sunday is different i eat what ever is in front of me, I'm pretty sure this is the only thing that stuffs me up, this however is changing as of this coming weekend i will eat properly.

I'm 190-192cm tall
90kg
with a bit of a gut.

Obvious thing out of training is i want to lose the gut and gain size.
Now, i know from reading previous posts what diffrent types of foods i should be eating, but honestly speaking im not creative at all,
Could you people out there please, please write down what you eat throughout the day please,
this would be much appreciated and help me out a lot.

Thanking you all in advance,

Gidday....

First you need too post up what you eat...

Then post up your work out...

And advice will follow...

ohh ok cool,

I know i may get a bit of sh!t from people on here for my diet but here goes nothing,

DIET
6.30am - 1 cup oats (skim milk) & protein shake

10am - Cous Cous and tuna

12.30 - salt reduced baked beans with spinach

3.30 - rice and tuna

6pm -TRAINING
Straight after training i would have protein shake and two rice crackers

8pm - Rice and tuna

TRAINING
Monday - Chest

Tuesday - off

Wendsday - Back

Thursday - Shoulders

Friday - arms

Saturday - Legs

Sunday - off.

Any help with this PLEASE!!!!
for some reason its making me go crazy lol
i know this all takes time and nothing comes quickly with boidybuilding, but i think it is taking me a little while longer then most lol.

As above, what is your training routine, as most people are let down by training, you say it's great, but who told you it's great??

How much do you squat, deadlift, bench and militry press?? How often do you squat heavy per week?? etc etc

What routine are you using, frequency, volume etc etc??

More info is required before truly useful advise can be given.

EDIT:

Just saw your diet, kill me now, I am surprised you have not self harmed. I would be going crazy as well mate!

Where is your eggs, steak, chicken, pork, potatoes, veggies, etc etc

Last edited:
howcome so much tuna? Get some variety in your diet and include some vegetables and fruits as well.

I'm not surprised you're frustrated, I'd neck myself if that's what I was eating everyday! lol

Steak, chicken, eggs, mince, tuna, fish, salmon, vegetables, fruits..etc get it into you.

You might want to have a look at the "Sticky's" under the nutrition section of the forum. There's diet plans there for different calorie consumptions as well.

I've linked some good ones here for you, but take a look and see if there are any others that interest you and/or could help you in your quest?

Best of luck to you.

Variety is the spice of life! lol

http://ausbb.com/nutrition-diet/153...ng-post-workout-anabolic-window-gi-myths.html

http://ausbb.com/nutrition-diet/8997-diet-1-2200-calorie-food-plan.html

http://ausbb.com/nutrition-diet/161...ery-shopping-tips-bodybuilder.html#post218759

Last edited:
Work out looks like part of the problem to me....

Is this how you have trained since starting?

For nutrition I like to use fitness pal... I use it to track my macros... Do you know your Macros?

If your happy to pay for it....Look up Max Brenner on here if you want someone to do the numbers for your macros.... This is the easy way...

Alternatively you can work it out from the stickys in the nutrition thread for the win...

Work out looks like part of the problem to me....

Is this how you have trained since starting?

For nutrition I like to use fitness pal... I use it to track my macros... Do you know your Macros?

If your happy to pay for it....Look up Max Brenner on here if you want someone to do the numbers for your macros.... This is the easy way...

Alternatively you can work it out from the stickys in the nutrition thread for the win...

I started using my fitness pal as well, easy way to keep track of your daily intake, will soon be getting back to it, as I seen the best results while I was using it.

It is however just a way of tracking it, so you still need to work out your requirements, and don't use the guidelines within the fitness pal program, you need to program your own nutritional goals into the application.

That diet sounds like torture. If your looking at tweaking this I would say add eggs for breakfast, replace baked beans with chicken, don't worry about the rice crackers, and eat a cup of green veggies or salad at every meal except breakfast. Your carbs are too high I reckon. Also wait 45 minutes to have your protein shake after the gym.

I started using my fitness pal as well, easy way to keep track of your daily intake, will soon be getting back to it, as I seen the best results while I was using it.

It is however just a way of tracking it, so you still need to work out your requirements, and don't use the guidelines within the fitness pal program, you need to program your own nutritional goals into the application.

Good point Mick.... The fitness pal guidelines are not intended for weightlifters.... There is a menu that can be used to manually adjust your protein, fats and carbs to suit your goals...

Good point Mick.... The fitness pal guidelines are not intended for weightlifters.... There is a menu that can be used to manually adjust your protein, fats and carbs to suit your goals...

There calorie and macro break downs are definitely not make for people lifting weights. Plug in your own figures. One of the calorie counters told me the calories I was eating per day I would put of 9kg per month yet I lost a couple kgs.

Hi poeople,
I know i know, what im eating is shitttttttt........ but i figure its better then going to get fast food across the rd from work, untill i figure out a better diet.
Now could you please tell me were i can get this "fitness Pal" from and how much it costs?
And thank you all in your replys.
BellaBaby75 - i will have a look at those links you gave me.

Hi poeople,
I know i know, what im eating is shitttttttt........ but i figure its better then going to get fast food across the rd from work, untill i figure out a better diet.
Now could you please tell me were i can get this "fitness Pal" from and how much it costs?

google fitness pal, you'll find it, I promise :)

Good luck nothintoit! Let me know if you need me to cook you a steak! lol

Hi poeople,

Its free... Just google it...

You can also download the app to your phone for free...

There calorie and macro break downs are definitely not make for people lifting weights. Plug in your own figures. One of the calorie counters told me the calories I was eating per day I would put of 9kg per month yet I lost a couple kgs.

Yep... Hence needs to calculate macros.... Or talk to MB or a PTC...

hehehehe thanks bellababy, im waiting for my fiancée to move in then finally i may be able to have some home cooked meals such as all the skinless chicken breasts, lean red meats etc. just so hard now with work and all,
i got 8am to 5pm monday to fridays work then get to gym around 6pm to 7pm get home at about 7.30pm feed my dog play around with him a bit before you know it its bed time, i wake up at 6am and its so easy to just get the tuna out of the cupboard and put boiling water with cous cous and thats it, where as with chicken takes a while to cook and stuff.

hehehehe thanks bellababy, im waiting for my fiancée to move in then finally i may be able to have some home cooked meals such as all the skinless chicken breasts, lean red meats etc. just so hard now with work and all,
i got 8am to 5pm monday to fridays work then get to gym around 6pm to 7pm get home at about 7.30pm feed my dog play around with him a bit before you know it its bed time, i wake up at 6am and its so easy to just get the tuna out of the cupboard and put boiling water with cous cous and thats it, where as with chicken takes a while to cook and stuff.

:eek:

I'm going to pretend I did not read this! lol

Best of luck to your fiance! lol

Step 1: estimate TDEE
Step 2: ascertain goals of gain/loss & set cal target
Step 3: get MFP
Step 4: hit minimum protein & fat targets
Step 5: don't train like a retard
Step 6: get adequate sleep, water, micronutrients
Step 7:?????
Step 8: profit.

Step 1: estimate TDEE