• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

What proportion of your BSquat is your FSquat?

wingman

Super M0derator
As per topic ^

I know it's going to be different for everyone, depending on whether you're a sports athlete, powerlifter, oly lifter, novice, elite etc.

But humor me and throw me some numbers please...

FSquat 50kgs/ BSquat 77.5 unwrapped
Haven't front squatted in a while so hopefully that number is higher, used to do alot of fsquat's in Xfit.

I've always thought your front sq should be about 85% of your back.

Let's dig deeper....your front squat should be 125-130% of your clean.

Your snatch should be about 80% of your clean...

What's that...? You can snatch 90kg? You should be able to clean & jerk around 110. You should have a front squat max of about 140kg and back squat 175kg.

most Ive ever front squatted is 140kg, best back squat is 250kg.

I have torn my rectus femoris, which has stopped me front squatting for a long time.

200 back squat 140 front squat.
I can't bend my wrists far enough so i sq cross arms but i reckon could do a bit more with proper technique.

As per topic ^

I know it's going to be different for everyone, depending on whether you're a sports athlete, powerlifter, oly lifter, novice, elite etc.

But humor me and throw me some numbers please...
97.5% back in the day which is very odd. That comes to 200kg back and 195kg front at a bodyweight of about 73kg.

Fadi.

I mean this as a compliment. You are a freak!!
Thanks man. I honestly believe that I was a very gifted young lifter with the potential to go all the way to freakiness!!! But that did not come to fruition I’m afraid... silly me!

Never mind Pete. Everything happens for a reason, at least that's my belief and I've got to be content with my past since there aint a way in heaven of changing it Sir :D!

Fadi.

Dunno. :)

My back squat is getting closer than ever to 3 plates (w00t), but I only just tried a front squat the other day, and, um, didn't go over 70kg...

At least I discovered I can do them. Just have to get used to them, and actually start adding weight. :)

As it stands, it's almost 2:1 though! :eek:

ermm, nothing good in relation to front squat. Only did them the other day for the first time and the main thing I learned is I need to get my wrists more flexible.
FS: 40 kg, BS I've had at 105

BS: 120kg for 5 reps
FS: 75kg for 3 reps

According to the 85% rule it's going to be looooong time before I can do 102kg for 5 reps...

97.5% back in the day which is very odd. That comes to 200kg back and 195kg front at a bodyweight of about 73kg.

Fadi.

Why did this happen? Lots of front squats but not so many back squats?

when i traind with top weightlifters in early 1980s, Bill Stellios (Commonwealth champ) told me at time he clean and jerked 180kg his best front squat was 180kg (same as clean) and 210kg for back squat.

Pretty close.

At time my best front was 120kg, also same as my best full and power clean, and 132.5kg for back squat.

I stopped front squats after that as i got heavier and stronger, and lost a lot of fexibility necessary for front squats.

Back squatted 6 on 180kg, albeit with poor form later on in early 1990s with a lot of back, and have never front squatted more than 80kg since.

That's some pretty efficient form if you clean the same as you front squat man!