• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Blood Tests

Had my before and after bloods done for free.

See Doctor and tell him you want bloods done, get bloods done go back to doctor and get results, repeat x amount of time later.

If you are over 40 bloods are considered needed (and my doctor encouraged me to come back in 12 months and do it again), I guess if you are 20 and want bloods done they would be deemed unnecessary, unless you are displaying symptoms of low test.

This is what i did a while back, just made an appointment, said i wanted a blood test to check some things, Dr asked why, so i said i wanted my readings for this and that, they said cool, got it dont and went back a few days later for the results.

All was bulked billed.....YAY!!!!!

Which reminds me i wouldnt going back and getting it done again.....

Depends on the dr, when i got my dad tested ( he doesnt live in sydney) for his profile it cost him a few hundred because the dr wouldnt bulk bill it because he deemed it unnecessary.

Though some people claim some dr's give them whatever they want for free... Hit and miss.

I feel if you can afford to cycle you can afford to pay for blood tests and not burden medicare any-more then it is.

Sticky,

Testosterone
shbg
e2
(lh fsh not needed unless your off)
lft
lipid profile
c-creactive protein
fibrinogen
homocysteine

Monitor blood pressure, and resting pulse..

The 3 bolded are not usually done however they are cheap, (average $20 each) and are to determine cardiac health.

Technically, if they are tests YOU want done and not tests that a docter deems pertanant to a medical condition, then they should not be covered by medicare.

Some tests a dr will do simply because they are screaning tests, which could indicate further investigation, basic stuff
full blood count
electrolytes and liver function tests
cholesterol HDl Ldl triglicerides
tsh
psa
crp / esr, if there is a a querry of infection or a reactive state
hcg ( if you think you are prego)
tsh

lh, e2, fsh, etc usually are not done unless there is an hormonal issue for investigation.

Christian fibrinogen is very rarely done and if so it is usually done as part of a coagulation profile, i have never seen it done in regard to heart health specifically...usually they have uncontrolled bleeding, or have a know clotting dissorder.

research... I understand the test and its application, . Just stating I don't see it used in that application.

Usually they just do a d-dimer

Last edited: