• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Pre Workout Supps During Sports Matches

SWH

What are your views on taking pre workouts before sports games. I had a sample of a pre workout which came in the mail which I tried before a game of football and I felt great throughout the game. Any thoughts on whether this is good or bad?

Would be the perfect use for them IMO.

A quality Pre Workout has a LOT more than just caffein, However I would never buy/use a commercially branded pre workout, have tried several top brands a while ago and all were rubbish proprietary blends, I would go the caffeine or nothing or a can of red bull or mothers over any of them.:)

Would be the perfect use for them IMO.

A quality Pre Workout has a LOT more than just caffein, However I would never buy/use a commercially branded pre workout, have tried several top brands a while ago and all were rubbish proprietary blends, I would go the caffeine or nothing or a can of red bull or mothers over any of them.:)

What else in them is going to give you any immediate effect to boost you for a footy match apart from caffeine.

Aminos, if your getting decent amount of protein no added benefit.

Creatine. Is a longer term supp, just take creatine mono and it doesn't need to be taken before footy.

Beta alanine. Same as creatine

DMAA. Fuck that shit. It's getting banned anyway and already most likely banned in the footy your playing not that you would ever get tested unless playing at an elite level.

Bottom line if you have anything just have some caffeine.

ASADA will sit you down if you get tested. Any pre workout supp worth using will have DMAA in it and it is banned in competition.

Caffeine is probably ok but if DMAA didn't work then it wouldn't be getting banned and more people would use caffeine on it's own.

Caffeine doesn't hit me like a good pre workout. I got myself 500g of biocharge from bioflex. So i'll probably be using that to start off with. Only club footy at the moment so i'm prepared to take that risk.

Just double checking that it would be safe to use in an activity like rugby

There were two u20's players from the Titans who got done for dmaa a couple years back. They were using jack3d, IIRC.

Betaalanine for you however it will take some time for effects to come in.

Problem is it is in these pre workouts same with creatine, and you dont train everyday so you dont take it everyday... When it should be

Caffeine doesn't hit me like a good pre workout. I got myself 500g of biocharge from bioflex. So i'll probably be using that to start off with. Only club footy at the moment so i'm prepared to take that risk.

Just double checking that it would be safe to use in an activity like rugby

No one can tell you definitively that a supplement containing DMAA is safe in football games, because the substance has not been subject to any decent human trials evaluating its safety for sports.

Stimulants have different effects on different people. The high caffeine levels in some of these supps are perfectly fine for most people but can result in potentially life threatening side effects for others. A number of AFL players have had tachycardia (heart rate will not come down after exercising).

From a testing point of view, ASADA does conduct testing of NSWRL matches at non-elite level. It depends on the division and how amateur you are. For example, a player from the Bankstown Bulls was banned for 2 years for methylhexaneamine (DMAA) after a positive test from a Bundaberg Red Cup match - this is not exactly elite level.

Up to you.

Creatine and caffeine would be sufficient and be the only supplements whose effects would benefit from the top of my head, as bazza said though, as long as your stores of creatine are topped up it should be fine.

Both these supplements can be obtained from a meat pie and can of coke before the game.

Creatine and caffeine would be sufficient and be the only supplements whose effects would benefit from the top of my head, as bazza said though, as long as your stores of creatine are topped up it should be fine.

Both these supplements can be obtained from a meat pie and can of coke before the game.

Or

A good nights sleep, FFS.