• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Dynamic exercises prior to quasi-isometric exercises

What are people's opinions on using resistance bands for the reactive method?
I have used them on deadlifts with great results and was just wondering if I'd get use out of squatting against them at my training level.
Bearing in mind that they will be used as an 'activation' exercise before squatting and not as a main exercise

Only people online that deadlift far less than me

repped! :D

EDIT : damnit I've been too nice today and repped everyone who made me laugh! lol

I'll come back and find this tomorrow and rep you then 0ni wan! ;)

Interesting thread, appreciate the basketball link Andy you saved me from starting a new thread. "Let's all help Wazza dunk."

I've recently decided I am going to dunk so need a LOT of vertical leap training. After consulting youtube experts many recommend squat jumps so I may need to do some more research. Thanks for the tip Baz.

Interesting thread, appreciate the basketball link Andy you saved me from starting a new thread. "Let's all help Wazza dunk."

I've recently decided I am going to dunk so need a LOT of vertical leap training. After consulting youtube experts many recommend squat jumps so I may need to do some more research. Thanks for the tip Baz.

You look like you have enough strength relative to your bodyweight to have an awesome vertical jump so I think really you just need to... jump lol

I still need to strip a lot more weight. Lifts in my signature are from when I was weighing in at around 92 - 94 kg, Now 83 - 84kg :eek:

Also only around 5'11 so still a bit of work to be done.

I have stumbled across some youtube clips of some AMAZING jumpers, really good watch.

I probably wouldn't squat against bands and then move on to straight weight. the movements are a bit different(over-speed eccentric) and it may mess with your form.

Im going to add kneeling jumps into my training now. Ill post back how it goes.