• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
Did my first sanctioned comp a month back with PA.

Squat: 215kg
Bench: 136kg
Deadlift: 250kg

Total 601kg.

Started proper lifting (hitting depth, ques etc) 6 months ago. Competing in Masters 40 - 44 so have a total that I can go try and better now.
Comp day is a tonne of fun.

Total 601kg.

Started proper lifting (hitting depth, ques etc) 6 months ago. Competing in Masters 40 - 44 so have a total that I can go try and better now.

Indeed it is,PA comps are good,some of the best memories of my life are from competing there. Whats your weight class?

True bro!

yeah would like to hit some of those numbers again bro,not so easy given my current job,im giving up a handicap to my contemporaries in my category. I will keep competing just for the fun of it and going for PBs,but the nek few years im most likely gonna get a whole bunch of 2nd 3rd and 4th places at best.

Indeed it is,PA comps are good,some of the best memories of my life are from competing there. Whats your weight class?

U120kg.

When I started last year that I was going to give PL a crack I was 105kg and now I'm 115kg. Can safely say it wasn't all muscle and I am currently trying to get my weight back down. Didn't realise how hungry I'd get with the training load. Live and learn I guess.

U120kg.

When I started last year that I was going to give PL a crack I was 105kg and now I'm 115kg. Can safely say it wasn't all muscle and I am currently trying to get my weight back down. Didn't realise how hungry I'd get with the training load. Live and learn I guess.

Oceanias on at the end of the year mate,i have no idea who is where in the m1s but your total is competitive. Do a Nats,you might be surprised.

Emerged from obscurity late last year to total 652.5
205sq, 167.5b, 280DL
Came back from a bulging disc for that one and plenty of life commitments inbetween
Now I'm a new daddy and probably won't touch a weight for a while
I just genuinely have no interest in PL at this stage.
My genetic / skill / commitment ceiling is not very competitive in the grand scheme, and I'm happy with how far I took it as a hobby.
The time commitment required is pretty decent also
I'll find something physical I enjoy soon in a casual manner. Just for my sanity
Back to obscurity ?

Total 601kg.

Good going Dean

I went 210-155-235 for 600 @105 in the PA Oceanias that were deferred until January this year. They held us all back to last year’s age groups so I didn’t get to lift in 50-54 as I can now.

Next meet in less than two weeks time. Overdid it a bit racing to improve the total and hurt myself so will go bench only this time and save the full three lift meet for Masters Games in October which are being held in Perth. Something like 220-165-250 if my neck doesn’t crack the shits with deadlifts

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oceanias on at the end of the year mate,i have no idea who is where in the m1s but your total is competitive. Do a Nats,you might be surprised.

Yeah am considering the Master in October. We'll see, I'm new to the game and feels like a big jump from a local comp to a national comp. In saying that, looking back on the last comp we (me and coach) thought I had another 10kg I could have added to the total. Given that and plenty of time left to train, maybe its worth looking at.

Good going Dean

I went 210-155-235 for 600 @105 in the PA Oceanias that were deferred until January this year. They held us all back to last year’s age groups so I didn’t get to lift in 50-54 as I can now.

Next meet in less than two weeks time. Overdid it a bit racing to improve the total and hurt myself so will go bench only this time and save the full three lift meet for Masters Games in October which are being held in Perth. Something like 220-165-250 if my neck doesn’t crack the shits with deadlifts

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's great lifting. It's good to know that you can keep lifting great totals as you get older (not knocking your age), that's really impressive. I sometimes have to realise that the open comps are against guys in the early 20's and 30's and I've only just started myself. Ahhh to have my time over again lol.

Emerged from obscurity late last year to total 652.5
205sq, 167.5b, 280DL
Came back from a bulging disc for that one and plenty of life commitments inbetween
Now I'm a new daddy and probably won't touch a weight for a while
I just genuinely have no interest in PL at this stage.
My genetic / skill / commitment ceiling is not very competitive in the grand scheme, and I'm happy with how far I took it as a hobby.
The time commitment required is pretty decent also
I'll find something physical I enjoy soon in a casual manner. Just for my sanity
Back to obscurity ?

I finally got back to the gym once my little kiddo turned one, been in a pretty good routine since then by going to bed early and hitting the gym before he wakes up :)