• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

topic of the week -Do you use a specific repetition timing

Do you use a specific repetition timing

• Yes (explain)

Votes: 7 41.2%
  • No(just perform reps)

Votes: 9 52.9%
  • Don't Care

Votes: 1 5.9%

• Total voters
We're not doing Olympic or powerlifting here and we're not here to increase the risk of injury.

We're here to work the muscle, not increase speed or use momentum.

It's not as black and white as that though is it
I see no reason why a bodybuilder wouldn't do strength work and then break down into hypertrophy assistance.

Incline Bench Press: 6RM - A true 6RM or something like 10/8/6/4, hell even 5/3/1
Dumbbell Bench Press: 4x8
Flies: 5x10

Using a template like that you have plenty of chance to increase muscle fibre activation as much as possible, bump up all your assistance lifts with strength work and provide enough volume to build effectively. Which is why many pros use this kind of template (yates, coleman and greene all used a similar method in their videos) and why DC training works so damn well

Obviously if you do something like overhead triceps extensions or pullovers and let the weight fall back, you're an idiot and need to take up stamp collecting - that wasn't what I was saying and I hope this post makes that a little bit clearer

0ni, bodybuilding is all smoke and mirrors, it has, including you - confused so many with its supplements, myths, dieting and most of all it's theory on exercise, with it's bombing and blasting, pumping and hyperbol shit.

I've thrown-up* twice during a weight training session. Once while doing bent-over rows with 100, the other was after the first time I squatted 120 x 20. Actually, both events terminatted the training for that day.

My point, most trainee's rarely scratch the surface when it comes to training hard and that is fact.
Watching John grimek and the like was scary and inspirational.

*throwing up during a football practice never counts!!!

The topic here is rep speed/timing for bodybuilding purposes, lets not go off on a tangent with whatever else you may have read Oni.

The topic here is rep speed/timing for bodybuilding purposes, lets not go off on a tangent with whatever else you may have read Oni.

Well what I was saying has everything to do with rep speed

TL;DR was that you need to lift with maximal effort to get the best motor unit activation then lift with enough volume to full fatigue them afterwards - to which a steady tempo would probably be best (coming from what other people ITT have been saying)

TL;DR was that you need to lift with maximal effort to get the best motor unit activation then lift with enough volume to full fatigue them afterwards - to which a steady tempo would probably be best (coming from what other people ITT have been saying)

0ni would it be possible for you to start a fresh topic on this please.
What you say reads like a crock of shite. To me.
I think your statement needs clarifying.

0ni would it be possible for you to start a fresh topic on this please.
What you say reads like a crock of shite. To me.
I think your statement needs clarifying.
Thanks Andy, I thought it was was just me that couldn't make out what on earth was being said there.

TL;DR = too long; didn't read
ITT = in this thread

I'll look the recommendations up then paraphrase it in another thread at some point this week but the basic grasp was that if you lift a weight deliberately slowly then you will not be fully fatiguing the muscles, only partially (unless you activate them prior to the tempo training)

In fact, I think I'll just "buy" the book for both of you and give page references
The books too long to post

It's not as black and white as that though is it
I see no reason why a bodybuilder wouldn't do strength work and then break down into hypertrophy assistance.

Incline Bench Press: 6RM - A true 6RM or something like 10/8/6/4, hell even 5/3/1
Dumbbell Bench Press: 4x8
Flies: 5x10

Using a template like that you have plenty of chance to increase muscle fibre activation as much as possible, bump up all your assistance lifts with strength work and provide enough volume to build effectively. Which is why many pros use this kind of template (yates, coleman and greene all used a similar method in their videos) and why DC training works so damn well

lol pretty close to my routine at the moment,

5/3/1 with

My assistance

Squat day : Lunges, bent over rows, wide pullups, calf raises (Low weight, High volume)

Bench day : Chest dips, upright rows, barbell curls, abs (low weight, High volume)

Dead day : Dumbell rows, Pulldowns, Good mornings, calf raises (heavy, low volume)

Press day : Incline Dumbell bench, Close bench, Bicep curls, abs. (Heavy, low volume)

But that's a different topic. As a "body-builder" the strength training is more of a short term thing, my focus is always on the hypertrophy part of my training. I will drop the strength training in a month or so I reckon.

Seriously, the above two posts have as much to do with the original topic as the other posts that were deleted.
How about the mods be consistent with their trigger finger!

Grrrrrr..can't farrken win.
you leave then you get blasted, you delete you get blasted.

Posts returned.

GRRRRRRRRRRRR

Last edited: