• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Behdad Salimi 217+256= 473 (Unofficial Snatch and Total WR)

My name is Dave, but since we have a few thousand Daves on the forum already I'm happy to go by my alias :p

Back on topic, I spoke to Glenn Pendlay today on a forum. He told me that some of the USA's best weightlifting hopefuls are smokers. This had me in shock.

Dave, I don't know about the US weightlifters, but here I've seen smokers... of marijuana that is and not cigarettes.

Fadi.

For what purpose? To relax the athlete and encourage appetite?

I was referring to cigarettes with my previous post. And these are athletes who are/were trying to qualify for 2012 / 2016 olympics.

For what purpose? To relax the athlete and encourage appetite?

I was referring to cigarettes with my previous post. And these are athletes who are/were trying to qualify for 2012 / 2016 olympics.

Yes, I think more so to relax. Of course not everyone got involved, but I was there when this was taking place mate. Many things go on with elite athletes such as drinking/getting drunk and so on. Unfortunately no one is immune. Back at the AIS fines of $50 (a large sum back in the early 80s) were issued for no show to training due to what we're talking about here. So no one will tell you not to drink, but they'd fine you when you don't show up for training due to a hangover or whatever else.

Fadi.