• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

lock jaw collars

the second ones u posted are massive for DB handles.
eleiko used to makes ones just like them, the ones my coach has are quite large, good for barbell, but i wouldnt use them for dbs

Ive got lockjaws =)

I like them, but only ever use them when I absolutely do not want the plates to move.

usually I don't use any collars at all

I remember using the second link at ptc.

How are the lock jaws Adam? I have spring collars and they slide around when using the cheap bar. I need something that will hold the weight for db presses and pulls.

Anymore feed back on these lock jaws before I make my order?

The lockjaws should do what you want, but if in doubt you should get the casting collars, as the lockjaws will eventually wear out.

With the casting collars, you can screw them down as much as you want

I've got 2 pairs of the 'casting collars' Had to cut two of the threads down because they had worn out l guess and wouldn't tighten. They both work fine now though.

Casting collars:
They do look strong and reliable. But as I grow older. I get lazier... Lock jaws appear to be quick and easy.

Ill hang off for a few days before purchase to allow for more feed back

measure the diameter of your dumbells first. hard to get on 2", not tight enough on 50mm for overhead.

from lockjaw themselves
Safety & Product Care
Lock-Jaw collars should never be used to retain weights for overhead lifting, such as ‘tricep-extensions’ or ‘pull-overs’.
Furthermore, Lock-Jaw collars are not designed to hold weight plates in a vertical orientation, where the full weight or the plates bears on the collar only. Do not ever rely on a barbell collar to secure weight above any part of yourself or another person!
get spinlock handles?

ps, if you ever use WD-40 or similar near your sleeves, the lockjaws do not stay in position.. :(

for dumbells you'd be better off with screw collars like these
Force USA Olympic Screw Collar (Pair)

Of the two you linked the lockjaws would be better, I have the pro version at home for my barbell and they are fine, solid grip, not as easy to take on and off as muscle clamps, but much better than the 2.5kg metal ones which I'd only ever use for competitions.

Hi all.

There are a couple of types of lockjaw collars.

There are the collars as those linked in the OP - these are the original lock-jaw collars.

There's also lock-jaw PRO collars (avail in black and red) that are the same collars as those linked in the OP, but with a secondary locking mechanism.

There's also a set called lockjaw ONE that are for standard bars.

They're a nice strong collar. There's some good youtube clips that show people using them / testing them if you're interested.

The lockjaws are great - we have been using them at the Pit for a while now and they usually last for a couple of years of harsh useage so they should be fine for what you want.