• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
Try dips on gymnastic rings, biceps have to hit rings for rep to count, I did sets today with 2 sec descents then explode up, was very tough

Haha I love dips. Years ago my ex was training with the weedy new boyfriend so I loaded up with 40kg and did sets of dips alongside them. I had no trouble doing a few sets of about 8. Bodyweight was around 90 in those days. I couldn't do it at the moment but I don't think it would take long to work up to it again.

Hit 8 or 9 @30kg then 20 @bw. Was after bench, probably could've got more more out if did them before. ROM is shoulders go in line or just below elbows. Grip width is about the same as deadlift width

I can only do resistance band Dips. Is there an ideal way to strengthen the tri's for unassisted Dips as opposed to doing them very shitley with the assistance of the res band?

I can only do resistance band Dips. Is there an ideal way to strengthen the tri's for unassisted Dips as opposed to doing them very shitley with the assistance of the res band?

I was woeful at dips only a few months ago but just stuck it out... Basically keep doing them and you will get progress.
Probably unrelated but started doing the '7 Weeks to 50 Pull Ups' program and noticed my dips improved as well.
Just grind it out man!

Do dips off a bench with you heels on the ground. Then progressively add weight resting on your lap.

Bench dips, really most other tricep work would help, persistence

Cheers guys. All taken on board. I did chest and tri's this morning and smashed my tri's using dumbbells, cables, bench Dips and assisted dips so must be on the right track.