• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
Have been focusing more on DB bench work til failure the last month and when it's time for dips I can barely do 1 set at bw

Feels like leaning forward puts more emphasis on the chest

I tried the "place feet on floor" in the past and found it awkward :/

Haven't done dips for awhile but when i start again I will find a spot to tie a power band to take some load during warm-ups

Have been focusing more on DB bench work til failure the last month and when it's time for dips I can barely do 1 set at bw

Feels like leaning forward puts more emphasis on the chest

That's exactly what it does, leaning over between the bars and flaring your elbows out will place more emphasis on the pecs, while staying more upright with your elbows close to your sides will put more stress on the triceps.

I have been doing 50,twice per week straight after bench, for some reason I feel better doing them after bench than straight up

That's exactly what it does, leaning over between the bars and flaring your elbows out will place more emphasis on the pecs, while staying more upright with your elbows close to your sides will put more stress on the triceps.

Yep, this is the way I always do them. I find you have to concentrate hard on each rep, really need to focus on technique otherwise you don't get maximum benefit. You need to get down low as possible between the handles to get max contraction of the pecs.

I don't do bench press due to forked up shoulders, so dips are my bread and butter chest exercise. I loooooooooooov them!!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4gSZPO5eac0&feature=youtube_gdata_player]Dips, Part 1 - YouTube[/ame]

I train chest twice per week. One session bench, one session dips.
I dislike doing dips when I'm already fatigued. Doing them alone has enabled me to do 4 x 10.

Now I can add weight. :)

My gym has an assisted dip/chin up station, so that works a treat.

Doing dips/chins straight up weighing 100+ kgs is a recipe for disaster.

My gym has an assisted dip/chin up station, so that works a treat.

Doing dips/chins straight up weighing 100+ kgs is a recipe for disaster.

The only issue I can see there is I am pretty sure that they make you hand in your balls before you can use the assisted chin/dip machine.

The only issue I can see there is I am pretty sure that they make you hand in your balls before you can use the assisted chin/dip machine.

I train at a Genesis "Fitness Center". You have to leave your balls at the front desk upon entry.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9CdVTCDdEwI&feature=youtube_gdata_player]Comic Rimshot! - YouTube[/ame]