• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
Gotta love the weighted dips.

Shrek, for warmup, a good 20 reps or so cable pushdown works a treat (warms up the elbow joint nicely). Or, close grip pushups on the dumbbell rack (the incline takes the edge off). Assisted dip machine is another option, but again, requires your complete emasculation.

Personally bodyweight dips is warmup enough, but then again, I can comfortably do 6x6 with a 50kg dumbbell between my legs. I've resorted to doing dips after everything else and doing higher reps, as I can't get any heavier than 50kgs at my gym.

Bump,
How many reps are you doing before using weight?
I don't like like low reps on dips (anything less than 8)
I'd like to be able knock off 3-4 sets of 12-15 before using weight.

I find weighted belts a hassle, so I only ever use body weight. I do dips as my last tricep exercise, that way it's a challenge as my triceps are pre fatigued.

I'll do 3 sets of 14.

Was doing them as sort of linear progression, now dump on 40kgs do as many as I can, 30kgs, 20kgs. Can knock out over 12 @20kgs, havent done body weight dips in ages. Would say can get at least 20 reps

I can get 20 reps BW dips easy. Some kunt stole my belt at my gym so it'll be a while before I can do weighted ones again. I'd like to be able to hit 30kg x 10 for 3 sets. Can do it with 20kgs (just).

I can do around 15-20 bw but usually only around 6-8 with 20kg. Full ROM but they're done after all my bench work so pretty fried

About shoulder width. Probably more on the narrow side. Wide grip isn't kind on my shoulders for some reason

I can't do wide either.
I doubt I'll ever do weighted Dips. If I ever get 3x15 I'll consider it but at around 90kg it seems unlikely unless I drop substantial weight.

Just keep ticking along.
I couldn't do 3x15 with 15kg which would be around the 90kg mark with my bw.

I worked my way up to 3 sets of 10 at bodyweight (82kg) with, now attempting progressive overload, up to 10,9,8 with +5kg.

Grip is just past shoulder width, Ive been told I go pretty low.

Found massive strength gains in my triceps were the immediate result (very easy lockout for military press now). Pretty keen to run up to +20kg for 3x10 and then see where I go from there.

Fresh I used to be able to do about 30 at around 70kg. We had competitions at work when we were bored. Haven't done them fresh for a long time though, I'll warm up with dips just for you next push day

Started doing dips just recently.
Finally got to 10 x 3 @ 105bw... Was about to start with weighted but copped an AC Joint injury from footy so on hold for a little while.