• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Is Golf a sport?

I'm interested in The Serbian Tiger's definition.

Mine - Golf is a sport. Of course it is. Is it enjoyable? That's debatable, but I like it but rarely play.

Describe the difference, then how does your definition relate to Golf.

I'll get the popcorn ready.

All sports are games however, not all games are sport.
A sport needs to have some athletic ability therefore if you play golf your'e not an athlete, you're a golfer :p

Sport needs to have athletic ability?

Really?

What about Croquet, Darts, Shuffleboard, Chess...etc ?
No athletic ability required.

At a higher level i'd say golf is a sport. Guys like Tiger, Sergio, Ogilvy are in good shape. Camillo Velegas (spelling) easily the most ripped guy on tour can bang out 20 pullups which is pretty decent. Walking around 30-36k's up and down hills in 5-6 days would be kind of taxing if you're not in shape as well...

Didn't really have a point to my rambling to be honest... apoligies.

I'm interested in The Serbian Tiger's definition.

Mine - Golf is a sport. Of course it is. Is it enjoyable? That's debatable, but I like it but rarely play.

Hammer, I actually don't consider myself Serbian, my father was from Serbia and my mother from Croatia.
When I was born there it was still Yugoslavia, so I consider my heritage to be Yugoslav.

Whats your criteria hammer for whether something is a sport or not?

If chess is a sport, so is scrabble.

I searched sports and found a website containing a full list of sports by category. Ie, fighting sports, deck sports, team sports etc etc

So scrabble is a sport? How about knitting? Where are you drawing the line here?

There's multiple criteria listed in the first post. Some things fit in it and some things dont. That doesn't mean they're more or less fun or good/bad, just assigning a definition with an original intention of being fun.

Feel free to provide a better one or you're just picking random activities.