• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

DKD

Private Dancer
Do you eat it, is it part of your diet or do you make a point of excluding it for fat loss purposes?

A lady at work consulted a dietician who told her to give it away, as well as pasta.

I tend to eat a reasonable amount of it.

Not sure how well it gels with the goal of physique improvement. Probably not too well, would be my guess.

What's your attitude to rice?

I eat shitloads of it.

Any dietitian not working in a hospital are generally fucking clueless and follow some fad of their choosing.

The dietician you refer to was probably paleo. They dont eat pasta, bread, rice, processed foods, dairy etc. They get their carbs from fruit/veg, sweet potatoes amd tubers.

I never used to eat it when I believed that carbs make you fat. Now that I know better I eat it regularly even when trying to lose fat and I am much leaner at a higher body weight than when I was on the low carb cult.

I generally avoid it due to being on low Carb diet, but in saying this, look at Asia they generally eat shit loads of rice and you don't see too many fat Asians. Genetics? Yeah sure but still....

And agreed the dietitian could have been paleo, I have been do some reading on this lately and quite like the ideas behind eating this way and from many things I have read have made sense on so many levels and all from different authors.

I generally avoid it due to being on low Carb diet, but in saying this, look at Asia they generally eat shit loads of rice and you don't see too many fat Asians. Genetics? Yeah sure but still....

And agreed the dietitian could have been paleo, I have been do some reading on this lately and quite like the ideas behind eating this way and from many things I have read have made sense on so many levels and all from different authors.

No, paleo makes no sense at all and just avoids whole food groups for retarded reasons.

So which are these whole foods groups it avoids? Apart from pasta, breads, grains etc which paleo states weren't around 100's of years ago and can t me are unnecessary as you can still have fresh fruit and veg in your diet as well as meat and fish

So which are these whole foods groups it avoids? Apart from pasta, breads, grains etc which paleo states weren't around 100's of years ago and can t me are unnecessary as you can still have fresh fruit and veg in your diet as well as meat and fish

Lol. yes they were around 100s of years ago. These foods come around with the development of agriculture around 10000 years ago.

You cant eat pizza and ice cream for a start. Anyone on a diet like that really needs there head checked. There are many variations but generally it avoids dairy, grains, legumes, any processed foods and some avoid potatoes. That is a huge chunk of good food that cant be eaten for no real reason.

The paleo diet just falls under the feel good naturalistic fallacy that becuase that is they way humans used to do it well it must be better for us which is bullshit. If you really are going to live the paleo lifestyle you better fuck the supermarket off and make sure you are hunting down and gathering your own food. Also no guns back 10000 years. Really if all our junk food had legs and could run at 50km an hour im sure all the junk food lovers would be a lot healthier too. You also better go days without eating food because you couldn't catch or find any. You can just go on and on. There is no evidence that if you are not sensitive to those foods that there is any reason to avoid them. There is just so much about it that is retarded its hard to know where to start.

I never used to eat it when I believed that carbs make you fat. Now that I know better I eat it regularly even when trying to lose fat and I am much leaner at a higher body weight than when I was on the low carb cult.
Same here. I ain't no Rice/Carbophobe.

I agree neddysmith, not to mention all fast food, processed shit that we somehow call food these days.
Your food intake isn't just about keeping the fat off or meeting your macros, it's also about good nutrition, I don't buy the current thinking that you can eat maccas all day as long as it's within your daily macros.

Last edited:
You do realize guys, NS & Darkoz, that even ''processed foods'' have a nutritional value?

Think about it, the obese population who do consume the highest amounts of processed foods still have a life span of what, 60-70 odd years? Then you got the population's who live in a malnourished environment/countries which little to no food and water.They still have a life span of what 30odd years?

How can you say that someone who has a variety of foods and processed and un-processed will be ''un-healthy'' if they consume X-amount of calories from LOW nutrient dense food types? It takes a hell of a lot of years to become ''unhealthy'' purely from a nutritional intake point of view. Grains etc have vitamins and minerals, so I don't not know why that can not be understood and everything is take out of context.

For the 10th time read this - The Dirt on Clean Eating | Wannabebig

I love rice the thing is rice is like pasta and bread a quite calorie dense source of carbohydrates. So I guess the question is would you prefer to eat a small amount of rice or alot of greeen vegies, capsicum and things like that which arent as calorie dense?

I understand what you're saying Max but it's not just about lifespan, which by the way is shortened considerably for obese people who generally eat far more junk food, it's also about quality of life.
I'm not sure your point about malnourished people, common sense tells me that both obese and malnourished are two sides of the same coin.
Ten years ago studies showed us one thing, now it's something else and in five years they'll be telling us something different again.
What it comes down to is common sense, one person eating a healthful diet and another eating how most people eat today even though they may consume the same amount of calories, I'd put my money on the healthful eating guy having any day.