• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
I still fail to see your point bazza, how can avoiding grains and processed foods be a bad thing?

Because there is no reason to totally avoid them if you don't want to. If you dont want to eat them fine. Like I said before paleo isn't only grains and processed foods it's also dairy, legumes, potatoes, ect. Do you think it's good to also avoid them as well for no real reason.

I love Medium Grain Brown Rice, I used to make alot at one time and store them in tthe freezer in little Systema containers.
My macros allowed 2 x golf all sized portions at main meals.
These days I have a tonne more!

Because there is no reason to totally avoid them if you don't want to. If you dont want to eat them fine. Like I said before paleo isn't only grains and processed foods it's also dairy, legumes, potatoes, ect. Do you think it's good to also avoid them as well for no real reason.

No your probably right, and maybe completely avoid is not the solution but for me limiting processed foods as much as possible does make sense, i guess the same goes for diary, i dont completely avoid it, still have a little milk in my coffee and occassional piece of cheese but it is all in moderation.

Curries are fucking awesome and belong with a serve of rice, eat up.

I usually eat rice or rice noodles 5-6 meals per week, om nom nom.

I understand what you're saying Max but it's not just about lifespan, which by the way is shortened considerably for obese people who generally eat far more junk food, it's also about quality of life.
I'm not sure your point about malnourished people, common sense tells me that both obese and malnourished are two sides of the same coin.
Ten years ago studies showed us one thing, now it's something else and in five years they'll be telling us something different again.
What it comes down to is common sense, one person eating a healthful diet and another eating how most people eat today even though they may consume the same amount of calories, I'd put my money on the healthful eating guy having any day.
Yes the the 2 extreme ends of the scale....So for people who are active, have a variety of food types at their disposal etc the context in which the whole ''clean foods/dirty foods'' is not even relevant, they have FOOD's available.

Studies, as we have seen with ones these days, when the media get a hold of it they tend to point finger at single things rather than look at the whole picture. Take the whole BS of the red meat and then sugar thing. Both are fine yet what the media was start a shitstorm due to a corrolation in the finding, yet they are weak at best and only 1 small factor. Corrolation DOES NOT equate causation....

Got my bloods done - choolestrol = normal range, lipids - normal, hormonal funtion - normal.........Context sir, context.

Last edited:
Agree with Max ... unless you have a specific health reason to avoid rice, it's fine as part of a healthy diet.

i can't have brown rice as it makes me feel sick but I have fructan intolerance. I'm not a huge fan of white rice but I'll be damned if I don't make an exception for risotto :D

All things in moderation ...

ps Max, you would have loved my last cholesterol discussion with my doc. He ended up taking notes LOL
I believe I attacked him with reason and logic. There may have been the odd raised eyebrow by yours truly.

haha that's gold!

Yes I eat rice. Whether I'm cutting or bulking, doesn't matter. Fit it into the macros easy.

One of my favourite desserts is creamed rice with maple syrup. Mmmmm....

Agree with Max ... unless you have a specific health reason to avoid rice, it's fine as part of a healthy diet.

i can't have brown rice as it makes me feel sick but I have fructan intolerance. I'm not a huge fan of white rice but I'll be damned if I don't make an exception for risotto :D

All things in moderation ...

ps Max, you would have loved my last cholesterol discussion with my doc. He ended up taking notes LOL
I believe I attacked him with reason and logic. There may have been the odd raised eyebrow by yours truly.
Your telling me a health professional didn't use logic? I find that hard to believe :D

My GP doesn't even bother trying with me lol

Your telling me a health professional didn't use logic? I find that hard to believe :D

My GP doesn't even bother trying with me lol

hahaha ... my doc is slightly afraid of me. I gave him references to work done by Prof Krauss and his team in the US on new techniques to accurately measure chol (esp LDL types) and all the studies they've done to date....

then we had a debate about my lipid profiles ... and he crumbled under the weight of his own ramblings.. :p

note taking by the GP .... lololol ... why don't they keep up to date on basic stuff that they talk to all their patients about???

end of rant.

PS Rice is good. Eat it if you can, enjoy in moderation. :cool:

Could eat rice by the bucket loads, love that stuff! Doesn't inadvertantly effect me in anyway either.

Do you eat it, is it part of your diet or do you make a point of excluding it for fat loss purposes?

A lady at work consulted a dietician who told her to give it away, as well as pasta.

I tend to eat a reasonable amount of it.

Not sure how well it gels with the goal of physique improvement. Probably not too well, would be my guess.

What's your attitude to rice?

If I eat too much I blow up like a cow.
But I feel more satisfied eating a bowl full of vegetables than a bowl full of rice.

Do you eat it, is it part of your diet ?
Yes, most definitely.

What's your attitude to rice?
It's purely an energy food that is made up of mainly macro nutrients. Always include it with my legume soups to give a more balanced macro ratio in addition to a more balanced amino acids profile.

Fadi.

I like white rice especially if I am cooking chinese but feel better eating brown rice or quinoa. Love the texture in those, feel fuller for longer too.

I like white rice especially if I am cooking chinese but feel better eating brown rice or quinoa. Love the texture in those, feel fuller for longer too.
I like white basmati rice. It has been shown to be low to mid (a score of 55) on the glycemic index when eaten by itself. I realise that the glycemic index is not the full story as one would need to take the glycemic load factor into consideration. However mixing a mid score of 55 with a very low score of between 20-30 which belong to the legumes family can only be seen and felt to be most beneficial when the subject of insulin raises its head.

Fadi.

Love white rice, and eat it often.

Don't like brown rice and don't eat it for that reason.