• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
I've taken up running/jogging with my wife on a couch to 5km plan. She just wants to get fitter and do some exercise to match her new eating habits (its not a diet lol) wheras I have entered Tough Mudder in Sydney and have no aerobic ability whatsoever despite being reasonably strong. So I'm aiming to get 5km in under 30 mins in the next two months.

Being a big guy (130kg) I used to hate running but have converted from heel toe to mid foot and am finding it much easier on my calves and feet. When I can run over 3 kays Im thinking of getting some of these
New Balance MR00GB | Shop New Balance
currently running in cross trainers.

Wife is getting a lot of calf pain which from an earlier post might be from not letting her heel 'kiss' the ground. Ill get her to try that and see how it goes.

Will be doing significantly more running/cardio and upper body work after GPC nationals in June. Running, kettlebell work, sprints, dips, chins and things to help with Tough Mudder. Theres no pick up this heavy thing or carry this across your back events :(

Well my little dood ran CSSA cross country (with a head cold) yesterday. 2km. He came 33 rd of 73 and first out of his school. Don't know what his time was. District cross country this friday. Hope he is feeling better for this one.
My soleus injury seems to be taking longer to heal than I would have imagined...

Well my little dood ran CSSA cross country (with a head cold) yesterday. 2km. He came 33 rd of 73 and first out of his school. Don't know what his time was. District cross country this friday. Hope he is feeling better for this one.
My soleus injury seems to be taking longer to heal than I would have imagined...

Kudos to your boy! well done :D

For the soleus, be really careful with it and make sure you do everything regarding stability and mobility to rehab it well. Soleus injuries can take months (or longer) to heal. If you don't get the mobility work going early on, it can really affect other stuff you do.

This is why I have so much trouble squatting now. A big issue is a soleus injury (running on the beach, duh) that took almost two years to heal properly and I never got back the ROM / mobility I had to start with - because we focussed on just healing the injury and not working on it solidly from the start to regain as much of its former state as possible.

If you're not seeing a really good physio that is well versed with hip and ankle issues, go see one. Soleus injuries are sometimes the result of hip torsion when running, amongst other things.
good luck...!

H deep,
I have been running daily since last 7 months and started with 2 miles running and increased my timing gradually. Running is great exercise to burn fat, improve immune system and lose weight. Running promotes muscular development and strengthen our heart and lungs.

Started running for the first time in a few years about 2 months ago. Thought i was running further at first, until i tracked it using a GPS. Fitness has picked up significantly after only a few weeks, trying to get in 3 runs every week. Probably running at a 4-5km distance 5-6minutes per km. Lots of room for improvement but am happy how far I have come so far.

Need a new running app for my Android phone. Cardio Trainer keeps force closing on me and I can't track my speeds/times etc.
Is anyone else using something similar?

Best Lifts: S90kgs, B50kgs, D112.5kgs :)

Love running. My Mrs and I run 6ks every weekend when we have the time. Also have a wicked hill that is great for midweek workouts. Run up 5 times with 20 situps when you get back to the bottom. Was doing a bit of running on the footy field, keep a good pace and do quick laps.

My best runs were when I was lifting heavy.

Well I haven't been running for 6 months now AND I've developed asthma but hey, is that gonna stop me for a good cause?

Sh$t no ... so I've registered for the Ultra Spirit event on Sept 1 with two laps of the Tan in Melbourne to raise money for a good cause.

let's hope I don't need paramedics.

Might go for a few short runs to get back into it over the next few weeks.

Details: Ultra Spirit |

Back in the day (mid teens) I use to run 4km in 16m flat. I reckon I'm double that at the moment.

However, 5 days of the week, without fail, I run late to work!!!

I miss running...

Live near the 'tan' and got that down to 16m a lap, especially loved going as hard as I could up Anderson St hill to get that out of the way. Had it in my head that I would do a marathon (done a few half marathons without too much trouble), then triathlons, and then Iron Man just once... it's on the bucket list I guess.

Trying to gain some weight at the moment though, and find the last bit of aerobic work I do (basketball) strips back my gains. So no tan laps anymore :(

I miss running...

Live near the 'tan' and got that down to 16m a lap, especially loved going as hard as I could up Anderson St hill to get that out of the way. Had it in my head that I would do a marathon (done a few half marathons without too much trouble), then triathlons, and then Iron Man just once... it's on the bucket list I guess.

Trying to gain some weight at the moment though, and find the last bit of aerobic work I do (basketball) strips back my gains. So no tan laps anymore :(

yeah, I miss it too. Not allowed to do much "cardio" for the same reasons.
But it's such a drag and my times were never great ... I just love to run about outdoors but gee my times now must be rubbish compared to what they were :(
Anderson Hill is the bit i'm worried about. Will be doing this with a steroidal puffer in each fist as I power up that little hill :eek: