• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
I have found that you really have to push the full ROM of the sole if the shoe, other wise you are just walking on the peak which does nothing. The soles are slighty spongey and absorb alot of the shock from the road when running. If people used them right I think they will feel a difference. However my legs are always in some degree of fatigue!

Theyve been successfully sued for their fake claims in some countries.

And cushioning isnt a good thing, prevents proper technique in a lot of cases.

Agreed, it teaches people to run on the balls of their feet because there's a big spongy pad there instead of running on your toes like you would bare foot or with five fingers. I don't run a lot though, just hill sprints here and there so take that with a grain of salt.

did a bit of research , so far the only company that i have come across that was sued over false/misleading advertising in regards to the shoes was REEBOK, only because they may claims of percentages

“In truth and in fact,” the settlement agreement reads, “laboratory tests do not show that when compared to walking in a typical walking shoe, walking in EasyTone footwear will improve muscle tone and strength by 28 percent in the gluteus maximus, 11 percent in the hamstrings and 11 percent in the calves.”
Reebok to Refund $25 Million for False Advertising - ABC News

the other case was skechers shape-up shoes , which was a result of an injury
A lawsuit has been filed against Skechers, alleging Skechers Shape-up shoes can cause serious injury. According to ABC News (02/16/11), the plaintiff in the Skechers toning shoes lawsuit alleges she developed stress fractures in both hips after wearing the shoes, and now requires physical therapy and pins in her hips because of the injuries. The plaintiff, Holly Ward, says she wore the shoes as a waitress and while on walks for five months and developed the stress fractures, despite having a healthy bone density
http://abcnews.go.com/Business/Cons...s-toning-shoes/story?id=12927314#.T4ueV9mEOxM

Thats an interesting read, Admin. Goes to show with alot of big companies you cant always believe what you read.

I think everyone is different and so we all find specific shoes to be perfect (or no shoes for some).
So long as the shoes don't interfere with your gait and don't force you to elongate your stride or overpronate or whatever ... it's all good.

skechers was the one I recalled ... :)

...Are nike free runs the 'guy' version of these 'skechers' because l just bought myself a pair..... wiggle.co.uk for those playing at home. Cheap shoes and $0 shipping for orders over $90

...Are nike free runs the 'guy' version of these 'skechers' because l just bought myself a pair..... wiggle.co.uk for those playing at home. Cheap shoes and $0 shipping for orders over $90

No, Frees are great. How does that price compare to places here like athletes foot etc?

Skeches have funny shaped soles and purport to make you lose weight from walking in them.

No, Frees are great. How does that price compare to places here like athletes foot etc?

Skeches have funny shaped soles and purport to make you lose weight from walking in them.

I got mine for 95 inc shipping because a friend has some rewards card with them. l 'think' the frees are about 120ish in shops, don't quote me on that because im not 100% sure but its something around that.

Nike Free are awesome running shoes. Nothing like Skechers ;)

Ahh, i see. Thankyou kind mam.

This is the shoe I want ...

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/New-Balance-Womens-WT20v1-Minimus/dp/B004KZP5GK/ref=sr_1_1?s=shoes&ie=UTF8&qid=1334573200&sr=1-1"]Amazon.com: New Balance Women's WT20v1 Trail Minimus Shoe: Shoes[/ame]

:)

Two years ago I couldn't run more than 200m without feeling like I wanted to spew. I can now run 5km in 32mins and feel like I could keep going and feel refreshed. I love running - just me and the pavement. It's therapeutic.

I try to keep longer (5km) slower runs to once a week at the moment though, as it interferes with my muscle gaining goals. I also love doing full incline runs or 2% incline sprints on the treadmill though (and do that once or twice a week after weights). My max on the treadmill has been full speed for 30seconds. I have short legs, so it was quite the achievement I thought, haha!

Last edited:
Two years ago I couldn't run more than 200m without feeling like I wanted to spew. I can now run 5km in 32mins and feel like I could keep going and feel refreshed. I love running - just me and the pavement. It's therapeutic.

I try to keep longer (5km) slower runs to once a week at the moment though, as it interferes with my muscle gaining goals. I also love doing full incline runs or 2% incline sprints on the treadmill though (and do that once or twice a week after weights). My max on the treadmill has been full speed for 30seconds. I have short legs, so it was quite the achievement I though, haha!

kindred spirit :D

You'd think that having three pairs of Newton runners that I'd run a fair bit but nah, running isn't for me. Too many knee operations prevent me from any kind of running but they are great shoes. Even better when they're free.

how did you get them for free

i remember getting free shoes with nike air max when air bubbles used to "pop" ;)

They are a customer of mine and they won't let me wear any other brand but theirs. Good guys and they are a great shoe, I wear a pair for work, a pair for gym and then a back up pair. When a pair gets a bit old, they just swap them over for me. The most comfortable runner I've ever had.

They are a customer of mine and they won't let me wear any other brand but theirs. Good guys and they are a great shoe, I wear a pair for work, a pair for gym and then a back up pair. When a pair gets a bit old, they just swap them over for me. The most comfortable runner I've ever had.

I'm just getting back into running and have read up alot on Newtons. I think i'm going to pick up a pair of Sir Isaac. Would love to get a pair of the Distancia, though I think I need to ease into with the Sir Isaac shoe first.

I ran 3km with my 9 y.o. son on sunday. About 17min 40sec. He ran his school Xcountry today. I still can't walk. Calves (soleus) tight, sore. Limping around at work FTL.

Your 9 year old son run 3k in 17.40... Jesus christ.

KungFooGoo in his running prime could run a 4k time trial in high 14 low 15's... Force that kid to do athletics or something...

I ran 3km with my 9 y.o. son on sunday. About 17min 40sec. He ran his school Xcountry today. I still can't walk. Calves (soleus) tight, sore. Limping around at work FTL.
What a Trojan your son is!! Its a good thing he is interested in athletics/running!
:p