• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
Long distance running is one of the most boring things going around. Not to mention it makes you look like shit.

I have done a fair bit of running in the past and still do im trying to cut back a bit on it now though and when I do run do a more interval style of sprint/jog. In the past I have completed the Gold Coast half marathon 21.1km, The Bridge to Brisbane still when it was 12km, Jetty to Jetty 10km run.

I can remember roughly 5 years ago, I decided out of the blue to get out and go for a run.

I hadn't done any form of sustained exercise at all for prob more than 10 years.

It didn't go so well.

Maybe after 1km or so my fuarrrrrrrrken left ass muscle siezed up horribly, I ground to a sudden halt.....limped off the footpath, moved to the side and had to sit down on the kerbside gutter for 5-10 minutes till my ass recovered.

True story.

Muahahahahahaha :D:D

U giddy?

:)

I can remember roughly 5 years ago, I decided out of the blue to get out and go for a run.

I hadn't done any form of sustained exercise at all for prob more than 10 years.

It didn't go so well.

Maybe after 1km or so my fuarrrrrrrrken left ass muscle siezed up horribly, I ground to a sudden halt.....limped off the footpath, moved to the side and had to sit down on the kerbside gutter for 5-10 minutes till my ass recovered.

True story.

Muahahahahahaha :D:D

U giddy?

:)

lmao

Am having a decaf skinny flat white, thank you for adding the laughter to my morning! :D

Bless you G...& your arse cramp lololol

lmao

Am having a decaf skinny flat white, thank you for adding the laughter to my morning! :D

Bless you G...& your arse cramp lololol

Muahahahaha

glad you enjoyed it J

I should've added that after getting up out of the gutter, I just walked home.

No more running baby.

I got my ass handed to me that day.......literally!!!!

Muahahahahahahaha :D:D

Fuarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrk yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah !!!!!!

One pre season for footy decided to go for a run. 5km from home and the running must have loosened a few things up, absolutely busting for a crap. A quick look around and then sneak of into the bushes. Minus one sock on the run home.

When you gotta go you gotta go.

One pre season for footy decided to go for a run. 5km from home and the running must have loosened a few things up, absolutely busting for a crap. A quick look around and then sneak of into the bushes. Minus one sock on the run home.

When you gotta go you gotta go.

Omg Bazza :eek:

lmaooooo

Sprints or running, movement in general does indeed loosen the bowels lololol

@Bazza20 and @DKD ... LOL ... you'd feature strongly in a book on "the pitfalls of running" :eek:

@Boxing23 ... wow, kudos!!

Well, i went for my first run in 4 months yesterday and I had a ball, plus I seem to be totally fine this morning. No calf pain, nothing.

*Born to Run* and maybe *Born to run with a forefoot strike*

Running is sometimes in the genes...I have 3 champ sprinters in my family and the rest of my mum's family are all athletic in a track and field kinda way so ...

Anyone wanting to change their running strike and maybe heading towards minimalist footwear for running...please take care. You should allow yourself up to a year of progessively getting to the stage of running any kind of distance "barefoot".
Walk, run a bit, walk, run a bit then gradually progess the amount of run vs walk.

lol G ... ass cramp ...

Bazza's post is gold hahaa,

I do sprint distance triathlons so cardio is a necessity, but its more about speed than long endurance
I run between 10-15k a week split over 2-3 sessions at a fairly high pace.

Anyone wanting to change their running strike and maybe heading towards minimalist footwear for running...please take care. You should allow yourself up to a year of progessively getting to the stage of running any kind of distance "barefoot". .

I run in minimus shoes with a forefoot strike, burns the calves when you first start but its surprisingly easier on the ankles and knees once you get use to it.

I run in minimus shoes with a forefoot strike, burns the calves when you first start but its surprisingly easier on the ankles and knees once you get use to it.

I actually found no real issues with the calves when I started but it might be because I always had trouble with the heel strike action (and got a couple of nasty ankle and hip injuries with that too).
Heel strike never felt comfortable for me and I struggled with my running form.
Forefoot ... felt like coming home :)
Much easier on ankles, knees and the old ITB ... no ITB pain now woohoo!
Plus it's faster.

Calf soreness is from not letting your heels 'kiss' the ground on each step. As you land & take off on forefoot your calf muscle has no choice but to stay tensed the whole time. If your heel 'kisses' the ground, it releases the calf.

Calf soreness is from not letting your heels 'kiss' the ground on each step. As you land & take off on forefoot your calf muscle has no choice but to stay tensed the whole time. If your heel 'kisses' the ground, it releases the calf.

that explains the sound of smoochies when I'm running... LOL :p

Since wearing minimus I now have space between all toes, my feet don't hurt and I'm able to jog and sprint.
I now have two pair.

yeah all good now was just the first few weeks getting use to the new running style and flat shoes.
not to mention running with flat shoes your getting more calf stretch before your heel "kisses" the ground.

Toner walkers, not sure if anyone has tried these, but with the amount of work I do in tne gym, they burn my hammies and calfs for days. I started with a cheap pair then upgraded to running bare brand, my mum walks in my cheap Toners, she swears by them.....

Toner walkers, not sure if anyone has tried these, but with the amount of work I do in tne gym, they burn my hammies and calfs for days. I started with a cheap pair then upgraded to running bare brand, my mum walks in my cheap Toners, she swears by them.....

that's weird because they've been shown to have no benefit whatsoever. In fact, a couple of companies have been forced to remove most of the claims associated with them. Sure it's not just the fact that you do killer workouts and that's the cause of all the delicious burn??

I've never tried them...looking to perservere with my minimalist shoes for everthing. I love wearing the vibrams in the gym, but haven't run in them yet.

I have the Nike Lunarglide 3's. I wear them everywhere in the gym, running etc. I spend pretty much all day in them and have clocked up a fair few k's in them and have had them for over 6 months and no signs of wear and tear yet they are great. There super light and really comfortable. Probably sit a little to high for some of the power lifters here who would prefer a flatter sole. Everybody raves on about the Nike Free run but they are crap. They have a really soft sole and squish really easy and are only good for running in up to 2-3 times per week. I highly recommend the lunarglide's for anybody looking for a good all round shoe.

that's weird because they've been shown to have no benefit whatsoever. In fact, a couple of companies have been forced to remove most of the claims associated with them. Sure it's not just the fact that you do killer workouts and that's the cause of all the delicious burn??

I've never tried them...looking to perservere with my minimalist shoes for everthing. I love wearing the vibrams in the gym, but haven't run in them yet.

I have found that you really have to push the full ROM of the sole if the shoe, other wise you are just walking on the peak which does nothing. The soles are slighty spongey and absorb alot of the shock from the road when running. If people used them right I think they will feel a difference. However my legs are always in some degree of fatigue!