• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
Very unlikely for it to be a tricep weakness in a raw bencher. Most likely it's just a weak bench and you need more benching volume more frequently.

That is the correct advice - to get a better bench - then bench.

Triceps play a major role in all pressing movements though and need to be focused on to improve your bench - weak triceps = a weaker bench.

That is the correct advice - to get a better bench - then bench.

Triceps play a major role in all pressing movements though and need to be focused on to improve your bench - weak triceps = a weaker bench.

I agree triceps play a major role i just don't think they are the limiting role in most raw benchers and especially not beginner raw benchers.

A strong kent?

What about a spotter to get your confidence back? You probably had the last rep in you but as soon as you starting thinking negative, there's no chance!

Look at any big raw bencher and they have a big chest and big shoulders too.

Agree, my benching was my strongest when my chest was biggest. My triceps were strong then too but I always failed off the chest. Add 2.5kg to my max and I get pinned after moving it 1cm, not failing near lockout.

I used to think I had weak tri's limiting my bench, because I always failed mid bench, but I reckon it's because of lack of speed off my chest. Started paused dumbell benching- barbell bench increased.

You mean you got to 80kg and took drugs and bench increased? Also amazing!! Lol
I meant exactly that, instead of focusing on triceps, I focused on bench...simple