• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
Good write up. It was a great read. Appreciate it for posting.

Great read.
I've just improved my bench technique and weight by getting a more aggressive back arch to reduce ROM (which gets me on my toes)
Only issue so far, my left foot (and lower leg) can get the shakes as the weight goes up (and I'm not talking much weight here!).
Is there a way I can minimise this, as it will earn me a red light for sure.

Appreciate your good work. Today only I did chest and hit 200lbs. I should note few good points from your post. Again excellent post. :)

Id like to improve my strength tbh. I got alot of work to do if i want a 100kg bench

If you can’t bench 100 yet, volume is your friend.

What do you weigh and how tall are you?

Lots of benching, 3-5 sets, 5-10 reps, 2-3 times a week.

Add in plenty of back work too then.

Lots of rows, pull downs, pull overs etc.

a strong back will will help you greatly.

Thats spot on working the antagonist equally as hard as the agonist is imperative to a healthy shoulder .

one mistake often made by a trainee is unintentionally shrugging the shoulder, keep the lats contacted this pulls the shoulder in the right direction (down)

if if you can’t contract the lats do a set of hanging shrugs often, hard thing to do at first