• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
Are you saying that anybody that doesn't compete in the IPF suffers from testicular atrophy and poor liver function?

I'm enjoying having two eyes and normal vision.

Am I saying that anyone who does not compete in IPF is blind or myopic?

Cuz dbol is the pre-requisite for GPC?

The natural lifters GPC should have no reservations about being tested.

GPC seems to be able attract sponsorship for events and therefore has the resources to implement the necessary measures.

I'm waiting for the retort from one of the GPC committee members who posts on this forum, and will be interested to see how consistent that commentary is with the rules and regulations of that organisation.

The natural lifters GPC should have no reservations about being tested.

GPC seems to be able attract sponsorship for events and therefore has the resources to implement the necessary measures.

I'm waiting for the retort from one of the GPC committee members who posts on this forum, and will be interested to see how consistent that commentary is with the rules and regulations of that organisation.

Do you know how much testing costs?

To further that, I bet over 90% of lifters at GPC would not care in the slightest if testing was done.
You seem, as do many of you pa guys, that testing (or lack of) is the reason people choose to lift outside of pa. I can tell you now, that is very far from the truth.
In your log, you complained about the lack is PA meets in Perth.... Guess how many my GPC lifters have in 2013?

No need, I'll tell you.

Over 15 around Brisbane alone.

That's just one of many reasons, but I'll stop there.

Now stop spouting shit in my thread unless you are going to help somebody with their bench.

Last edited:
I'm sitting in a PA course right now learning about testing.

Thankful for not having to piss in a cup.

Anyone got tips on unracking while maintaining setup?

I find it pretty hard, especially past 120kg (which is my paused max 1rm atm). Once I pull it out it feels like I've lost tightness or my initial setup somewhat. Getting an assist isnt really an option as I train alone.

I try to unrack so that I only have to move the bar an inch forward for it to be at lockout position.
My instinct is that treating the unracking of the bar as an individual exercise, or as something to complete with every rep of the bench press for a while (not something I'd be quick to suggest as a longterm training method, since I can see it taking away from actually moving the weight to and from your chest), might be a good way to go. If you do 10 reps of the bench press but only unrack the bar once, then it stands to reason that your proficiency at benching will develop more than your proficiency at unracking.

Do you know how much testing costs?

To further that, I bet over 90% of lifters at GPC would not care in the slightest if testing was done.
You seem, as do many of you pa guys, that testing (or lack of) is the reason people choose to lift outside of pa. I can tell you now, that is very far from the truth.
In your log, you complained about the lack is PA meets in Perth.... Guess how many my GPC lifters have in 2013?

No need, I'll tell you.

Over 15 around Brisbane alone.

That's just one of many reasons, but I'll stop there.

Now stop spouting shit in my thread unless you are going to help somebody with their bench.

I'll recognize the authority of the moderator in this case and start a new thread. As a forum member would also expect uniform application of the moderators' powers where other posters drift off-topic.

Nice work man. Not too far off 1.5bw.

You do tuck pretty well at the start from what I can see at that angle . But then at the bottom you flare you elbows out to 90 really early instead of maintaining the tuck and flaring at the mid point.

Another thing is taking two different breaths when attempting a single. Try taking a single big breath into the diaphram, making a baby belly and going from there.

You do a good job of keeping your head against the bench and making a big chest to shorten ROM.

Just please tell me, the only reason you dont have headphones on is because you were filming with your phone!

Thanks and yeah I was filming with my iphone lol. I don't even remember the music that was on and only noticed it was shit after watching the video lul. I'll make an effort to not flare my elbows too early and see how well that works

Why would I care about IPF rules if I compete in a different fed?

Some of us have standards

Also as a drug free (tm) lifter that lifts in a untested fed, I don't give a fuck that I will be competing against someone who takes steroids. Fuck having to pay more money so I get a little badge that says "hi guys, im drug free (tm)". The novice and improvers comp that I went to had a bigger turnout than practically every IPF meet lol. I actually compete to compete, as hilarious as that sounds. My mate in Canada recently went to an IPF meet and competed against two other people. That's 3 people in the entire meet btw lol.

Plus I smoke a lot of cannabis and enjoy hallucinogenic drugs and for some reason WADA bans them.