• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
Having said that I don’t believe it’s advantageous in a competitive lift (shrugging, shoulder down scenario)

But I digress

What are your thoughts Stick boy?

I agree with your thinking on shoulder positioning, and Doing equal back work is always a good idea to maintain a healthy shoulder for sure....... though that’s not why I suggested it for the use in a competitive lift.

The chances are, if he is benching as per my article, and being tall and realatively thin, his elbows will be a lower then his spine by a decent amount when the bar is paused on the chest.
A strong upper back will help get bar moving quickly off the chest.

“When you bench press on a normal flat bench press, your scapula does not move throughout the move range.

Because the Bamboo Bench Pad has such a small surface, it allows your shoulder blades to move back further. This gives you the full range of motion which is integral to joint health, stability and longevity.”

b19f34bc637643eccea72c4fea077de5.jpg
db01dd3abad9deeefb5636693e1332c6.jpg

Last edited:
I just hang off one side of the bench, grip the opposite upright for stability and use a kettle bell. Will give a greater range of motion than using that pad with a barbell.

Ah fuck all! Just had a few weeks holidays, head back tomorrow. Other than that, family life takes up pretty much all of my time these days.
How you been Grunta?

Ok I suppose
bit bored really

you gotta get used to it and squeeze other shit in, time is a rare commodity with a family
good to hear from you

I am a girl and I just started benching. Actually i'm reading about this sport more than I really work out. ;) Lately I was reading this article fsfitness. com .au /blog /realistic-goal-setting and I think it can be relative to all kind of sports.

The most effective chest exercise that targets the muscles of your upper body
It includes lying on a bench and pressing weight upward. Studies have shown that bench is the most effective exercise and muscle activity, it helps build stamina and strength and increase muscle mass