• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
Sticky / Freako what are 1 or 2 of the best tricep exercises to really hammer away at to help bench.

Reverse grip bench, bands, dips.

I've got about an hour spare, I'll add a heap more info to the first post.

GReat stuff Scott. 8 reps on a single breath. Bloody Hell.
What would you suggest to stop the upper back flattening when unracking the bar. This is my weakness and the times I keep it tense it feels great.

GReat stuff Scott. 8 reps on a single breath. Bloody Hell.
What would you suggest to stop the upper back flattening when unracking the bar. This is my weakness and the times I keep it tense it feels great.

1. Set the back really tight, right up on your traps. Chalk your back to stop sliding.
2. Pull the bar out (like you're doing a short pullover) rather than press it out. It helps if you have a spotter or very shallow j-hooks.

Make sure the j-hooks are set just high enough so the bar clears them at full extension.

Lock the elbows out, and as El Freako said, pull the bar out rather than pressing it.

Reverse grip bench, bands, dips.

I've got about an hour spare, I'll add a heap more info to the first post.

You should add band pressing to the first post for lockout assistance.

Sticky / Freako what are 1 or 2 of the best tricep exercises to really hammer away at to help bench.

Dips
Banded pressing
CG Floor Pressing

I also rate rolling tricep extensions. They can be done on the bench or floor and with a bar or DBs.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wieoy1pv-oE"]Big Triceps for a Big Bench - Rolling Tricep Extensions - YouTube[/ame]

Tried Mike T's suggested grip for bench last night. It definitely does promote more lat if you focus on tucking the elbows to bring the bar down.

Changed my grip very slightly based on the /_\ vs \_/ argument. Still using a close grip but moved it out an inch either side. Also moved my feet a lot closer to my head as well. Noticed a nice increase in what I could bench and I was a lot tighter. Was going to do 6x6x77% today and I ended up repping the last set for 10 and still had a few sets left in me lol (left it at 6 sets though)

Friday's triples with 93% will be interesting

Used some of the pointers Scott mentioned in the first post, felt it alot more in my chest yesterday, although two issues were having my feet as far back as I could i'm not sure whether it made a significant differance or not, also keeping my shoulder blades together and chest pushed out between reps was quite difficult.

Used some of the pointers Scott mentioned in the first post, felt it alot more in my chest yesterday, although two issues were having my feet as far back as I could i'm not sure whether it made a significant differance or not, also keeping my shoulder blades together and chest pushed out between reps was quite difficult.

Mobility work my friend.

Took some videos today
I did 8x4x65kg
Videos are of 6th and 7th set
Please comment on form, I thought it was pretty good although I noticed my arms are not quite like |_| but taking it out any more makes me weaker..

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FV4yrnbmZGQ]Bench 8x4x65kg - YouTube[/ame]
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CWGoEKzg0cA]Bench 8x4x65kg - YouTube[/ame]

Took some videos today
I did 8x4x65kg
Videos are of 6th and 7th set
Please comment on form, I thought it was pretty good although I noticed my arms are not quite like |_| but taking it out any more makes me weaker..

Did you feel you ass coming off the bench, if so try to keep it planted