• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
Yeah but it's easy to set up and you don't need to guess which band to use as it's already a suitable tension. I cheat the start of my pulldowns at the moment with my hips but it makes it hard to track progress as level of cheat is hard to tell. I'd rather do them strict and add tension or use a machine with a decent cam. Weighted pull-ups are however awesome but again a bitch to set up. With the slingshot you just slip it on and go

Nice, benching in a slingshot actually helps your technique imo, keeps the elbows in a bit tighter. I'm about due to bench in mine again soon. Don't like doing it too often but it's good to get used to holding heavier weight and locking out.

Was pretty shaky the first time I used mine but definitely like it.

I don't rate it personally. It changes my form too much. I'm starting to think the best accomodating resistance is chains as they mess with your groove the least.

Yeah but it's easy to set up and you don't need to guess which band to use as it's already a suitable tension. I cheat the start of my pulldowns at the moment with my hips but it makes it hard to track progress as level of cheat is hard to tell. I'd rather do them strict and add tension or use a machine with a decent cam. Weighted pull-ups are however awesome but again a bitch to set up. With the slingshot you just slip it on and go

trying to work out the difficulty with weighted pullups...

I don't rate it personally. It changes my form too much. I'm starting to think the best accomodating resistance is chains as they mess with your groove the least.

Yah I know what you mean. I train at a Snap Fitness up here and am wondering if they'd care if I stored some chains at the gym. Pretty friendly staff there. They have the powerbands that create great resistance.

Looking for more suggestions on the following: (quote from OP)

If your weak off the chest things like the following can help out:
Paused benching - Focusing up exploding off the chest.
Dumbbell benching
Speed benching (triples)

Also - speed benching? I thought dynamic work was for something else... And probably not really needed for someone at my level.

Paused benching - Focusing up exploding off the chest.
Speed benching (triples)

Also - speed benching? I thought dynamic work was for something else... And probably not really needed for someone at my level.

Since I'm training for comp lifts, I've made all my benches paused now. Helps me learn the movement and will (hopefully) make me stronger off the chest.

Speed benching helped me as well, although I can't quite be sure if it was the addition of an extra bench session (1session->2) or the speed work itself.

Dynamic benching is about creating speed through the whole movement, so it works but it'd be hardly necessary as a specific movement at your level. Just do all of your presses fast.

Dumbells worked great for me in the past, I definitely rate them as I do paused benching as well.

I've really noticed an increase in my Bench after the addition of a 2nd Dynamic Bench day. I rotate them weekly. 1 week using Bands, 1 week doing speed triples. Wish I had a set of chains as well, been thinking about making a set, just gotta pull my finger out.

Why is this

Pin presses require you to start the press movement cold and with too much shoulder input whereas a pause off the chest at least has the stored tension built up during the decent and pause. Everytime I have done pin presses my shoulders have hated me for days.