• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
Does anyone have any understanding of rationale to change rule since it was not allowed for so long? Is it merely to aid higher weights being lifted?

Last edited:
Im really glad because i have long arms and a short torso which made touching my sternum hard without having to arch load. Feels much better touching my top abs now

Benched yesterday. Didn't have anybody home to help take a vid.

Anyway, I touched the bar halfway between nipple and top ab - didn't feel any shoulder pain :)

I benched in a slingshot for the first time yesterday, just repping 50kg's, was a brand newy breaking her in.
Got some good bench pointers from Minh that I put to use last night, changed my whole technique :)

I benched in a slingshot for the first time yesterday, just repping 50kg's, was a brand newy breaking her in.
Got some good bench pointers from Minh that I put to use last night, changed my whole technique :)

Nice, benching in a slingshot actually helps your technique imo, keeps the elbows in a bit tighter. I'm about due to bench in mine again soon. Don't like doing it too often but it's good to get used to holding heavier weight and locking out.

Was pretty shaky the first time I used mine but definitely like it.

Nice, benching in a slingshot actually helps your technique imo, keeps the elbows in a bit tighter. I'm about due to bench in mine again soon. Don't like doing it too often but it's good to get used to holding heavier weight and locking out.

Was pretty shaky the first time I used mine but definitely like it.

I like it also :)
I just wanted to break it in, I can't get a wide enough grip in it yet but the movement felt so fluid. It absolutely helps technique, felt my back engaged the whole time on the press and the bar came down nicely too.

I won't use mine too often, it's not included in my program but will incorporate now and again.

I like it also :)
I just wanted to break it in, I can't get a wide enough grip in it yet but the movement felt so fluid. It absolutely helps technique, felt my back engaged the whole time on the press and the bar came down nicely too.

I won't use mine too often, it's not included in my program but will incorporate now and again.

I use mine about once every six weeks on a 1MR day, i'll go to my 1RM raw, then go back in weight a bit to get the feel of the slingshot, then build back up to my 1MR+ about 10% or so.

I was thinking of getting a slingshot for pulldowns as the machines in my gym suck dick and I can't figure out a good way to add band tension

Anyone tried it for things that are not bench pressing?

I was thinking of getting a slingshot for pulldowns as the machines in my gym suck dick and I can't figure out a good way to add band tension

Anyone tried it for things that are not bench pressing?

Think about what you just wrote.