• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Loading Oly Dumbells

mojo

I'm looking at getting oly handles for benching but im worried that the spring clips wont be strong enough to keep the plates in place.

Max load at each end will be 17.5kg so about 40kg in total

What are your experiences with oly dumbbells?

Spring clips work fine mate, they don't move at all.

I've heard those t screw type collars can slip so I made a point of using only the spring clips. Never had a problem.

I have only used standard size dumbells with the screw collars.

I know i wouldn't be confident with oly handles and spring collars over my head.

Great feedback as usual.

My main issue is that i wont be able to place them on my lap between sets. The fixed dumbbells at the gym have a flat end which are easier to balance when resting.

They are a pain for racking for db bench press, I dont use them for db bench press unless i have a spotter or I have used a small foam mat across my lap so the ends arent as uncomfortable when resting on the lap. Fixed dbs are so much better but olys are more affordable for the home gym. Imo.