• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Training inner/lower pec

WTF is this? You trollin?

No im just giving an answer based on scientific evidence thats all. The truth is with your genetic make up you may be able to activate more muscle fibres through a decline bench, which in turn gives you an overall bigger chest, so therefore the lower portion of your pec major is bigger as well. Which may bring you to the assumption that doing decline bench is targetting your lower pec major. Just a guess as your genetics determine this.

brb digging up a scientific study like everyone else does and not just basing it on under the bar experience....come on mate really...lol

What's the problem with a scientific study? I was just sharing it with the forum, they can read it and take from it what they will. I didn't say that under the bar experience is any less important. Just thought I'd show another side (like Shrek asked for).

I'll take a scientific study over the subjective observations of an individual any day, and additionally, my subjective observations suggest to me that decline bench is unnecessary for lower chest size.

Lower and inner chest development are dependant on 2 things, the shape of your pectorals (genetics) and the overall size of your pectorals (diet and training). Bench angle is irrelevant.

Now would someone else find the peer-reviewed evidence for this please. I know its exists, I've read it. I'm just too lazy to look right now.

What's the problem with a scientific study? I was just sharing it with the forum, they can read it and take from it what they will. I didn't say that under the bar experience is any less important. Just thought I'd show another side (like Shrek asked for).

My post was not directed at you mate - I had not seen your post before I posted.